We are glad to share you of our new APP product, Omada APP. The first Management APP of Omada series products.
It has plenty advantages, such as:
- Powerful Function: Can Manage Omada Controller/OC200 (hardware Controller)/ Omada EAP simultaneously.
- Simple Operation: With an user-friendly functional design, it only takes a few simple steps to complete the configuration.
- Carry Around: Can be installed directly on mobile devices.
- Manage Anytime: Support cloud access function, can manage and monitor Controller/EAP anytime, anywhere.
- Download Easily: You can download the Omada APP on Google Play or Apple APP Store.
I. Page Layout
The functional modules of Omada APP can be divided into three parts: Controller Cloud Access, Controller Local Access and Standalone APs, which correspond to the Omada product management mode in different situations.
II. Application Scenario and management approach of Standalone APs
The Standalone APs APP management mode can only manage EAP products that work in the Standalone mode, and it cannot manage EAP that has been adopted by Controller.
- Wireless client connects to the SSID of EAP.
- Open the Omada APP on the wireless client, select the Standalone APs function. Then you can find all EAP products in the same subnet.
- Click the corresponding EAP icon to configure/manage the EAP.
III. Application Scenario and Management Method of Controller Local Access
The Controller Local Access function can be used to manage Local Omada Controller/OC200, which in turn monitor/manage EAP products on these Omada Controller/OC200.
Step1：Omada APP sends configuration to OC200/Omada Controller first.
Step2：The OC200/Omada Controller sends the corresponding configuration to the EAP product to complete the configuration.
The management method of Local Access function can be divided into two steps:
1. Wireless devices connect to the SSID of EAP. (Or the Wi-Fi of other Router/AP)
2. Open the Omada APP on the wireless client, select the Controller Local Access function, and select the Auto or Manual function.
1）Auto Module: When the wireless client connects to the corresponding SSID, the OC200/Omada Controller under the same subnet will display in Auto module.
2 ) Manual Module： Customers can also manually enter the IP address and corresponding port of the OC200/Omada Controller to discover and manage them in same/different subnet. (The default port for OC200 is 443, and the default port for Omada Controller is 8043)
IV. Application Scenario and Management Method of Controller Cloud Access
The Controller Cloud Access function on Omada APP can directly manage the Omada Controller/OC200 remotely through the cloud platform, monitors/manages EAP/ wireless clients anytime and anywhere.
Step1：Omada APP delivers the configuration to the OC200/Omada Controller.
Step2：The OC200/Omada Controller sends the corresponding configuration to the EAP to complete the configuration.