Discarding unknown multicasts breaks IPv6 on T1700G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-20 13:11:24

I would like to discard unknown IPv4 multicast traffic because I often have situations when there are groups with no members. I cannot enable it for IPv4 only, because the UI/CLI doesn't allow me to. If I enable the option for IGMP and MLD, however, SLAAC stops to work. It looks like a bug to me, because ICMPv6 is one of the things that should NEVER be dropped. How can I fix my issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Discarding unknown multicasts breaks IPv6 on T1700G
2018-12-21 06:30:22

Icotera wrote

I would like to discard unknown IPv4 multicast traffic because I often have situations when there are groups with no members. I cannot enable it for IPv4 only, because the UI/CLI doesn't allow me to. If I enable the option for IGMP and MLD, however, SLAAC stops to work. It looks like a bug to me, because ICMPv6 is one of the things that should NEVER be dropped. How can I fix my issue?

Hi Icotera:

My old Jetstream Switch TL-SG3424 V1 met this issue also.

Due to this is the old Switch, TP_Link do not support beta to me.

I suggest you contact with TP-Link technical support. Maybe they can support beta firmware to you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 1

Related Articles