Vlan....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Vlan....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Vlan....
Vlan....
2018-12-29 23:14:27 - last edited 2018-12-29 23:18:03

Salve 

La mia Rete Domestica è composta da:

Modem ISP collegato in Dmz

Ruoter TP-LINK R600vpn

Access Point  TP-LINK TL-WR841N  PIANO TERRA, 1 SmartTV e 2 Smartphone via WiFi. 

Switch TP-LINK SG1008P 1°PIANO a cui è collegato un access Point di terze Parti (possibile upgrade con serie EAP120 o alternative) e 2 pc/Desktop, 2 SmartTV, 2 Smartphone WiFi, 2 Tablet Android, ecc. 

E sempre al Switch si è collegato un TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND come Access Point per il 2°PIANO e collegata ad esso 1 Pc/Notebook, 2 Smartphone, 1 Tablet, 1 SmartTV. 

Tutto configurato come VLAN1.. 

Adesso devo separare le Vlan per Piano.... che soluzione posso usare senza Trasvolgere tutta la mia rete... 

Hello

My Home Network consists of:

ISP modem connected in Dmz

Ruoter TP-LINK R600vpn

TP-LINK TL-WR841N Access Point GROUND FLOOR, 1 SmartTV and 2 Smartphone via WiFi.

TP-LINK SG1008P 1°FLOOR The switch to which a third-party access point is connected (possible upgrade with EAP120 series or alternatives) and 2 PC/Desktop, 2 SmartTV, 2 WiFi smartphones, 2 Android tablets, etc.

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND is connected to the Switch as an Access Point for the 2nd FLOOR and connected to it 1 PC/Notebook, 2 Smartphones, 1 Tablet, 1 SmartTV.

All configured as VLAN1 ..

Now I have to separate the Vlan for Piano .... what solution I can use without Trasvolgere all my network ...

Options
7 Reply
Re:Vlan....
2019-01-04 05:53:30

Hi DanieleFerra

I think most of your devices do not support VLAN, such as TP-LINK SG1008P, TP-LINK TL-WR841N and TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND.

And as I knew, only TP-LINK R600vpn version 4.0 supports VLAN, the lower versions also do not support VLAN.

If you are using R600VPN 4.0, just add the LAN ports to different VLAN and change the PVID. 

Options
Re:Vlan....
2019-01-12 08:50:10 - last edited 2019-01-12 08:58:10

Ciao e Grazie per la risposta

allora il discorso si complica perche il collegamento dal r600vpn v2 (e non il 4 che mi hai consigliato)

al switch SG1008P e solo ad uni unico cavo ( per di piu è cat5e)

pertanto ti chiedo di consigliarmi uno switch managed (5 porte) da cablare dopo il r600vpnv2 che gestira' tutte le vlan.

in aggiunta ho dimenticati di aggiungere un nas che ovviamente deve essere visto da tutti i dispositivi della rete ed è alloggiato nell'armadio del r600vpnv2

grazie

Hello and thanks for the reply

then the speech is complicated because the connection from the r600vpn v2 (and not the v4 that you advised me)

to the SG1008P switch and only to a single cable (moreover it is cat5e)

therefore I ask you to recommend a managed switch (5 ports) to be wired after the r600vpnv2 that will manage all the vlan.

in addition I forgot to add a nas that obviously must be seen by all the devices in the network and is housed in the cabinet of r600vpnv2

thank you

Options
Re:Re:Vlan....
2019-01-19 07:20:23

Hi DanieleFerra

DanieleFerra wrote

Ciao e Grazie per la risposta

allora il discorso si complica perche il collegamento dal r600vpn v2 (e non il 4 che mi hai consigliato)

al switch SG1008P e solo ad uni unico cavo ( per di piu è cat5e)

pertanto ti chiedo di consigliarmi uno switch managed (5 porte) da cablare dopo il r600vpnv2 che gestira' tutte le vlan.

in aggiunta ho dimenticati di aggiungere un nas che ovviamente deve essere visto da tutti i dispositivi della rete ed è alloggiato nell'armadio del r600vpnv2

grazie

Hello and thanks for the reply

then the speech is complicated because the connection from the r600vpn v2 (and not the v4 that you advised me)

to the SG1008P switch and only to a single cable (moreover it is cat5e)

therefore I ask you to recommend a managed switch (5 ports) to be wired after the r600vpnv2 that will manage all the vlan.

in addition I forgot to add a nas that obviously must be seen by all the devices in the network and is housed in the cabinet of r600vpnv2

thank you

I find 5 ports managed switch on TP-Link website and I see TL-SG105E. It has web-GUI and supports VLAN.

I think you can connect your devices to TL-SG105E and add the ports to different VLANs. Please remember to configure PVID.

And the port connected to the R600VPN should belong to all VLANs and it's untagged port. Because R600VPN V2 doesn't support VLAN and all the data need to forward to R600VPN.

For example, if you have two PCs connected to TL-SG105E, the configuration should be as follows.

PC1, untagged, belong to VLAN 1,2, PVID 2

PC2, untagged, belong to VLAN 1,3, PVID 3

R600VPN, untagged, belong to VLAN 1,2,3, PVID 1

Options
Re:Re:Re:Vlan....
2019-01-19 13:15:11 - last edited 2019-01-19 13:20:51

Grazie Ancora...La mia perplessità è che le VLAN verranno gestite in base alla porta di connessione? Il problema sarebbe che come scritto il collegamento: R600VPN PVid 1

Piano Terra PVid 2

Piano 1° PVid 3

Piano 2° PVid 4

L'unico mio problema è che il cavo lan che collega il 1°Piano al 2°Secondo Piano è collegato al SG1008P e non arriva direttamente al R600vpn.... Grazie

Thanks Again ... My perplexity is that VLANs will be managed based on the connection port?

The problem would be that as written the connection R600VPN PVid 1

Floor Ground PVid 2

Floor 1 ° PVid 3

Floor 2 ° PVid 4

My only problem is that the LAN cable that connects the 1 First Floor to the 2nd Second Floor is connected to the SG1008P and does not arrive directly to the R600vpn .... Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Vlan....
2019-01-23 02:39:05

DanieleFerra wrote

Grazie Ancora...La mia perplessità è che le VLAN verranno gestite in base alla porta di connessione? Il problema sarebbe che come scritto il collegamento: R600VPN PVid 1

Piano Terra PVid 2

Piano 1° PVid 3

Piano 2° PVid 4

L'unico mio problema è che il cavo lan che collega il 1°Piano al 2°Secondo Piano è collegato al SG1008P e non arriva direttamente al R600vpn.... Grazie

Thanks Again ... My perplexity is that VLANs will be managed based on the connection port?

The problem would be that as written the connection R600VPN PVid 1

Floor Ground PVid 2

Floor 1 ° PVid 3

Floor 2 ° PVid 4

My only problem is that the LAN cable that connects the 1 First Floor to the 2nd Second Floor is connected to the SG1008P and does not arrive directly to the R600vpn .... Thanks

Hi DanieleFerra

VLAN will be managed based on the ports. If your First Floor and Second Floor is connected to SG1008P, and SG1008P is ocnnected to a switch that supports VLAN, then First Floor and Second Floor can only be in the same VLAN. 

R600VPN and SG1008P both haven't the VLAN feature. If you want to put the devices into different VLANs, you need to connect all the devices to the switch that supports VLAN.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vlan....
2019-02-03 16:20:55

Andone wrote

Hi DanieleFerra

VLAN will be managed based on the ports. If your First Floor and Second Floor is connected to SG1008P, and SG1008P is ocnnected to a switch that supports VLAN, then First Floor and Second Floor can only be in the same VLAN. 

R600VPN and SG1008P both haven't the VLAN feature. If you want to put the devices into different VLANs, you need to connect all the devices to the switch that supports VLAN.

Ciao e Grazie Ancora....

MI scuso per tutto il dilemma......Ma è dal principio che ho chiesto aiuto alla mia problematica.

L'acquisto del TL-SG105E ho visto che non è elevata (€30) da abbinare ad valle del R600VPN..... 

Valutando di acquistare 2 modelli ed abbinarli in cascata uno per piano....mantenendo il singolo cavo di collegamento tra primo piano e secondo piano....risolvo qualcosa?

in alternativa in internet ho trovato la possibilita di taggare la vlan in trunk? e' fattibile?

grazie ancora

Hello and Thanks Again ....

I apologize for all the chaos ...... But it is from the beginning that I asked my problem for help.

The purchase of TL-SG105E I saw that it is not high (€ 30) to be combined downstream of the R600VPN .....

Evaluating to buy 2 models and combine them in cascade one on each floor ... keeping the single cable between the first floor and the second floor .... I solve something?

alternatively in the internet I found the possibility to tag the vlan in trunk? it is feasible?

Thanks again

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Vlan....
2019-02-11 01:18:52

DanieleFerra wrote

Ciao e Grazie Ancora....

MI scuso per tutto il dilemma......Ma è dal principio che ho chiesto aiuto alla mia problematica.

L'acquisto del TL-SG105E ho visto che non è elevata (€30) da abbinare ad valle del R600VPN..... 

Valutando di acquistare 2 modelli ed abbinarli in cascata uno per piano....mantenendo il singolo cavo di collegamento tra primo piano e secondo piano....risolvo qualcosa?

in alternativa in internet ho trovato la possibilita di taggare la vlan in trunk? e' fattibile?

grazie ancora

Hello and Thanks Again ....

I apologize for all the chaos ...... But it is from the beginning that I asked my problem for help.

The purchase of TL-SG105E I saw that it is not high (€ 30) to be combined downstream of the R600VPN .....

Evaluating to buy 2 models and combine them in cascade one on each floor ... keeping the single cable between the first floor and the second floor .... I solve something?

alternatively in the internet I found the possibility to tag the vlan in trunk? it is feasible?

Thanks again

Hi DanieleFerra

It's better to make sure what devices should be in different VLANs at first. 

If you want that first floor and second floor is in the different VLANs, you can connect the devices as follows.

|----switch----first floor

R600VPN----TL-SG105E|----switch----second floor

If you want that just a part of the devices is in the different VLAN, you can connect the devices as follows.

|----device 1

|----device 2

R600VPN----TL-SG105E|----switch----other devices

Then configure VLAN on TL-SG105E.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1795

Replies: 7

Related Articles