Point to point connection with tp-link CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-21 02:19:16 - last edited 2019-01-23 09:53:15

Hi, I wanted to ask for help for the following:

I have two antennas CPE 210, one is connected in my house, another in the house of a friend making point-to-point connection, but it turns out that I see the intensity of the signal is 40db since I find it strange because it would have to be higher since the houses are 30 meters from each other and the more between antennas is very high. I wanted to know if you can give me an advice to improve the signal strength and improve the latency since it is very rare since it would have to be 1 or 2ms, but it goes from 1 or 2 to 10 and up to 100 or 300ms . I am expecting your answers, thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Point to point connection with tp-link CPE210
2019-01-24 03:01:58

Marcows wrote

Hi, I wanted to ask for help for the following:

I have two antennas CPE 210, one is connected in my house, another in the house of a friend making point-to-point connection, but it turns out that I see the intensity of the signal is 40db since I find it strange because it would have to be higher since the houses are 30 meters from each other and the more between antennas is very high. I wanted to know if you can give me an advice to improve the signal strength and improve the latency since it is very rare since it would have to be 1 or 2ms, but it goes from 1 or 2 to 10 and up to 100 or 300ms . I am expecting your answers, thanks

Hi Marcows,

Thanks for the kind feedback.

For this case, here we suggest you check if there is any obstacle between the AP and client side, and also try to use the Spectrum Analysis in the configuration page to find a better wireless channel, please also try to increase the transmit power, after that, you can try to use the speed test tool in the configuration page to test the actual link speed. For the ping latency problem, please tell us the detailed network topology and we can provide further suggestions.

Thanks.

Options