T2500G-10MPS power limit reached status

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-01 10:20:17

When using the T2500G-10MPS PoE switch and the console interface you can set a power profile for each port defining the power limit. Is there a status you can get over the console interface to tell you if the limit has been exceeded? My application is to use the switch to power a PoE to 12V converter after manufacture, so it may take more current than it should if there is a manufacturing fault. I have not used the console input before and have looked at the Rev 3.0.1 CLI reference guide, but I can't see anything obvious. PoE status seams to refer to a port being enabled or disabled.

Options
1 Reply
Re:T2500G-10MPS power limit reached status
2019-02-02 06:03:14

Geoff_Collins wrote

When using the T2500G-10MPS PoE switch and the console interface you can set a power profile for each port defining the power limit. Is there a status you can get over the console interface to tell you if the limit has been exceeded? My application is to use the switch to power a PoE to 12V converter after manufacture, so it may take more current than it should if there is a manufacturing fault. I have not used the console input before and have looked at the Rev 3.0.1 CLI reference guide, but I can't see anything obvious. PoE status seams to refer to a port being enabled or disabled.

Hi  Collins:

If the power consumption of PD exceed the limitation, the PD will power off. The switch will cut off power for this PD.

If the PD is power off,  the related port will disable.

If the port is disable, you will know the PD is exceed the limitation and PD be cut off power.

Options