TL-SG1016DE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG1016DE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG1016DE
TL-SG1016DE
2019-02-05 10:26:54 - last edited 2019-02-05 14:11:57

Hello!

So our company bought 4 switchs TL-SG1016DE, one for each department. These 4 are connected to the switch HP procurve, 3 of them I can't access to the switch's painel when the internet cable is plug, but 1 of them I can access without problem. Last week we had some PC without network, as mine only had access the next day and  I did not do nothing (their PC wasn't connected from TL-SG1016DE and the error was like about DNS or Domain isn't available), It happen the same to 3 emplyers last week. Yesterday we

took 3 switch out except one that was working fine and we compare the settings but we did not find anything different, only QoS priority (normal to lowest)  but it will not be this to make conflit on domain, will it? So after it we send e-mail to support to understand what happened or what we did wrong. So today I decided to post this thread. Our idea is create 2 VLAN's for each switch (VLAN10, VLAN20, VLAN30 and VLAN40 for each switch to connect PC, VLAN50 for all Telephone network and VLAN60 for printers). I tried reset to default but it happen the same issues. Anyone know why I can't access when the internet plug in? Maybe IGMP enabled? we are using the printers on network too.

Here is a info about the switch

Firmware Version 1.0.1 Build 20180629 Rel.58355
Hardware Version TL-SG1016DE 3.0

If anyone can help me...

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016DE
2019-02-12 01:23:34

leakcim wrote

Hello!

So our company bought 4 switchs TL-SG1016DE, one for each department. These 4 are connected to the switch HP procurve, 3 of them I can't access to the switch's painel when the internet cable is plug, but 1 of them I can access without problem. Last week we had some PC without network, as mine only had access the next day and  I did not do nothing (their PC wasn't connected from TL-SG1016DE and the error was like about DNS or Domain isn't available), It happen the same to 3 emplyers last week. Yesterday we

took 3 switch out except one that was working fine and we compare the settings but we did not find anything different, only QoS priority (normal to lowest)  but it will not be this to make conflit on domain, will it? So after it we send e-mail to support to understand what happened or what we did wrong. So today I decided to post this thread. Our idea is create 2 VLAN's for each switch (VLAN10, VLAN20, VLAN30 and VLAN40 for each switch to connect PC, VLAN50 for all Telephone network and VLAN60 for printers). I tried reset to default but it happen the same issues. Anyone know why I can't access when the internet plug in? Maybe IGMP enabled? we are using the printers on network too.

Here is a info about the switch

Firmware Version 1.0.1 Build 20180629 Rel.58355
Hardware Version TL-SG1016DE 3.0

If anyone can help me...

Thank you!

Hi leakcim

QoS priority will not affect the domain. I think you can make sure that your switches use different IP address at first. Because it may cause the IP conflict.

If you want to set up the VLAN, you can refer to the TP-Link FAQ.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-788.html

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1075

Replies: 1

Related Articles