AAA and switch admin login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-11 10:52:42

Hi,

I want to use an User which is authenticated via Radius to login to the switch as admin user.

I'm using freeradius.

Which admin privilege attribute do I need to send to the switch?

Thanx,

Options
4 Reply
Re:AAA and switch admin login
2019-02-12 02:37:52

webstor wrote

Hi,

I want to use an User which is authenticated via Radius to login to the switch as admin user.

I'm using freeradius.

Which admin privilege attribute do I need to send to the switch?

Thanx,

Hi webstor

You can refer to TP-Link AAA configuring guide.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/configuration-guides/configuring_aaa/?configurationId=18221

You can configure "Authentication Login Method Config" or "Enable Password" for admin privileges. You can refer to the 2.1.3-2.1.5 of the configuring guide.

Options
2019-02-14 07:37:58

Looked through all the documents, but what I'm missing is the custom vendor attributes which I need to add to freeradius.

Options
Re:Re:AAA and switch admin login
2019-02-18 09:43:38

webstor wrote

Looked through all the documents, but what I'm missing is the custom vendor attributes which I need to add to freeradius.

Hi webstor

Do not know that TP-Link has the custom vendor attributes of freeradius. If you want to set the admin privilege, maybe you can configure on TP-Link switch.

Options
2019-02-22 10:39:31

You need special privileges to access the switch with a radius user. That privilige must be sent to the switch from the radius server. 

The admin guide is nice and sometimes helpful but not in this case. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1916

Replies: 4

Related Articles