How to configure voice vlan with tplink T2600G-28MPS and IP-phone Vtech VSP-726A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to configure voice vlan with tplink T2600G-28MPS and IP-phone Vtech VSP-726A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-14 19:43:51

Hello Everyone, I work as a sysadmin, I just have a general knowledge in networking. 
My company had accounted me to setup their network. 
I know in order to makes things good we need to seperate voice and data vlan. 

We have untangle firewall working in routing mode, and as a dhcp server. 

My questions is. for example if I create 

vlan 100 : data

vlan 200 : voice

Do I need tagged vlan between the tplink switches and ipphone Vtech VSP-726A. 

And after giving both vlan an IP interface do I need to do some routing between the vlan.

I put my proposed network topology to the company as below. 

Please Help me. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to configure voice vlan with tplink T2600G-28MPS and IP-phone Vtech VSP-726A
2019-02-15 08:25:06

zyzyx93 wrote

Hello Everyone, I work as a sysadmin, I just have a general knowledge in networking. 
My company had accounted me to setup their network. 
I know in order to makes things good we need to seperate voice and data vlan. 

We have untangle firewall working in routing mode, and as a dhcp server. 

My questions is. for example if I create 

vlan 100 : data

vlan 200 : voice

Do I need tagged vlan between the tplink switches and ipphone Vtech VSP-726A. 

And after giving both vlan an IP interface do I need to do some routing between the vlan.

I put my proposed network topology to the company as below. 

Please Help me. 

Hi zyzyx93

Between the tplink switches and ipphone Vtech VSP-726A, you need to set up the tagged port for VLAN 100 and untagged port for VLAN 200.

You don't need to configure the routing between two VLANs. 

About how to configure voice VLAN, you also can refer to the User Guide page 645. https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201809/20180914/1910012455_T2600G_UG.pdf

Please note that this User Guide is for the new version of T2600. It's based on the new web UI.

Options
Re:Re:How to configure voice vlan with tplink T2600G-28MPS and IP-phone Vtech VSP-726A
2019-02-15 11:44:02
Thank You for the quick reply Anderson, so the voice vlan don't need to be tagged like the native vlan. but still can traverse on that link?, correct me if i'm wrong..
Options
Re:Re:Re:How to configure voice vlan with tplink T2600G-28MPS and IP-phone Vtech VSP-726A
2019-02-18 09:54:13

zyzyx93 wrote

Thank You for the quick reply Anderson, so the voice vlan don't need to be tagged like the native vlan. but still can traverse on that link?, correct me if i'm wrong..

Hi zyzyx93

Voice VLAN should be tagged because generally VOIP phone uses tagged data. Native VLAN can be untagged because the PC and many clients do not support tagged data. They will belong to VLAN according to PVID.

If you set up the layer3 interface for voice vlan and native vlan, just mean that set the IP address for the VLAN, then the PC belonged to native vlan also can access voice vlan. The switch will generate the routing automatically after setting the layer3 interface.

Options
Re:How to configure voice vlan with tplink T2600G-28MPS and IP-phone Vtech VSP-726A
2019-02-21 16:57:50

Hi,

Here is 2 way you can establish. And before doing that there is prerequisties to do that. 

Main requirement is your ip phone must support tagging Voice vlan and PC port seperately, I mean in setting there shoulbe option for voice vlan tag and pc port vlan tag. You have to tag voice vlan accouring your settings and give tagging also on pc port when voice comes to phone, it will separate according to vlan tags.

If your phone does not support tagging pc port you have only option to untag data vlan means leave it on default vlan or untag them.

If you phone support pc port tagging you have to set them on phone settings accourding to your vlans. And setup voice vlan on your switch too. 

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2621

Replies: 4