Smart switch web GUI access over routed networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-21 16:51:03
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I'm new here, hopefully will get some ideas for my problems.

So here is my issue.

We have using couple TP Link smart switches. 

Office 1 area has 2 TP LINK smart switche models: T2500G-10TS, TL-SG3210 and network subnet is 192.168.0.0/24

Office 2 area has 1 TP LINK smart switch model: T2600G-28TS

Both offices connected through router and both side devices accessible no problem. No rouiting issue or extra rules.

When I access Office 1 area switches from Office 2 there is no problem, I can access their WEB GUI to manage.

When I try to acces from Office 1 to Office 2 switch which is T2600G-28TS I can not acces WEB GUI

I can only access from Office 2 network.

I tried to NAT with port forwarding no results

I tried to open port on firewall to public internet if helps but no results

I cannot ping to switch ip from Office1 to Office 2 but I can ping from firewall no problem. I tried different ip address if that helps no results.

I reseted switch couple times but no results. 

I have no other idea what is going on. 

I really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart switch web GUI access over routed networks
2019-02-25 06:53:03

Bohodir wrote

Hi, 

I'm new here, hopefully will get some ideas for my problems.

So here is my issue.

We have using couple TP Link smart switches. 

Office 1 area has 2 TP LINK smart switche models: T2500G-10TS, TL-SG3210 and network subnet is 192.168.0.0/24

Office 2 area has 1 TP LINK smart switch model: T2600G-28TS

Both offices connected through router and both side devices accessible no problem. No rouiting issue or extra rules.

When I access Office 1 area switches from Office 2 there is no problem, I can access their WEB GUI to manage.

When I try to acces from Office 1 to Office 2 switch which is T2600G-28TS I can not acces WEB GUI

I can only access from Office 2 network.

I tried to NAT with port forwarding no results

I tried to open port on firewall to public internet if helps but no results

I cannot ping to switch ip from Office1 to Office 2 but I can ping from firewall no problem. I tried different ip address if that helps no results.

I reseted switch couple times but no results. 

I have no other idea what is going on. 

I really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Hi Bohodir

About your two offices, if your switches are connected to the router and access other office thorugh the router, you need to set up port forwording to open the port for your switch. And you need to configure the default gateway for your switches.

Maybe you T2500G-10TS and TL-SG3210 is getting the IP address and gateway from the router, so they have default gateway. Please check the routing table for your T2600G-28TS, if it uses the dynamic IP for layer3 interface, it should have the default gateway. If it uses static IP address, you need to set up the routing for default gateway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1512

Replies: 1

Related Articles