TL-SG1016PE Cannot set a Management VLAN from the web interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-24 20:08:31
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20180629 Rel.58109

There is one shortcoming with management which seems to be missing from the firmware-- The option to assign the web management interface to a specific VLAN. Out of the box and updated with the latest firmware, the switch can be managed from any untagged port using the standard address of 192.168.0.1. What I'd like to see is a setting in the firmware which allows the management port to be assigned to a specific VLAN number similar to what is done with the EAP225 access points.

The reasons that this would be good are: 1) Anyone who knows this switch can access the management interface from it's default IP address. 2) If the switch sits in the middle of your network, it cannot be managed over tagged trunks.

I've attempted to access the web interface tagged trunk by adding VLAN group 1 to the trunk ports, and by just trying to send untagged traffic on the trunk, but the switch doesn't seem to allow access to port 80 on a port configured as a trunk.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016PE Cannot set a Management VLAN from the web interface
2019-02-25 06:22:49

hwstar wrote

There is one shortcoming with management which seems to be missing from the firmware-- The option to assign the web management interface to a specific VLAN. Out of the box and updated with the latest firmware, the switch can be managed from any untagged port using the standard address of 192.168.0.1. What I'd like to see is a setting in the firmware which allows the management port to be assigned to a specific VLAN number similar to what is done with the EAP225 access points.

The reasons that this would be good are: 1) Anyone who knows this switch can access the management interface from it's default IP address. 2) If the switch sits in the middle of your network, it cannot be managed over tagged trunks.

I've attempted to access the web interface tagged trunk by adding VLAN group 1 to the trunk ports, and by just trying to send untagged traffic on the trunk, but the switch doesn't seem to allow access to port 80 on a port configured as a trunk.

Hi hwstar

TL-SG1016PE is a easy smart layer2 switch. It hasn't layer3 interface so it also hasn't the management VLAN. The devices can manage the switch thorugh all VLANs.

If you connect the device to the trunk ports of the switch, you should make sure that your devices supports VLAN tag. Otherwise, it cannot identify the tagged pakcets sent from the switch. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2608

Replies: 1