Port-Flapping and Duplex/Speed-Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-15 22:25:58 - last edited 2020-02-24 22:39:07
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20180416

Is there anybody else having issues with port-flapping and speed/duplex-Settings? I have a printer which can do 100/Full-Duplex but only connects on 10/Half-Duplex no matter which setting I use on switch or printer side. And I have a device connected via 30m cable which does constant port-Flappings.

Tried different cables, made sure "eee" is disabled...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port-Flapping and Duplex/Speed-Issues-Solution
2020-02-24 22:35:02 - last edited 2020-02-24 22:39:07

@Andone 

Sorry I never came back to this - actually never saw a message I had a reply...

Printer

Yes it was going 10/HD - but why?

Answer: It went to power save mode. If I wake it up it goes back to 100/FD - so no issue on the switch. Funny enough: You hard set it to 100/FD on the printer and it still does the same thing - I do this with the switch, the printer is not available until it wakes up from sleep.

Device Port flapping

Device can do 1000/FD and is connected with a CAT 5e cable. Setting it to 100/FD. It used to be connected with a 50m (not 30m as previously stated) CAT 5e cable - what I did not mention is that it is an Access point having a Power Injector inbetween. Putting a dump switch just before the Power connector stabalized the link - so no issue on the switch.

To make things worse: I have the Access Point now connected to the very same switch but only using a total of 5m CAT6 cable including the Power Injector and the flapping re-emerged. I have similar configurations across my setup without any issues and I suspect a faulty Power Injector or the AP is damaged.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Port-Flapping and Duplex/Speed-Issues
2019-03-18 12:06:05

AZeroEight wrote

Is there anybody else having issues with port-flapping and speed/duplex-Settings? I have a printer which can do 100/Full-Duplex but only connects on 10/Half-Duplex no matter which setting I use on switch or printer side. And I have a device connected via 30m cable which does constant port-Flappings.

Tried different cables, made sure "eee" is disabled...

100/Full-Duplex only needs to use CAT5 cable. And you can try to use the PC to connect the switch and force the speed to 100M for both devices, in order to check if the switch can reach 100M.

Options
Re:Port-Flapping and Duplex/Speed-Issues-Solution
2020-02-24 22:35:02 - last edited 2020-02-24 22:39:07

@Andone 

Sorry I never came back to this - actually never saw a message I had a reply...

Printer

Yes it was going 10/HD - but why?

Answer: It went to power save mode. If I wake it up it goes back to 100/FD - so no issue on the switch. Funny enough: You hard set it to 100/FD on the printer and it still does the same thing - I do this with the switch, the printer is not available until it wakes up from sleep.

Device Port flapping

Device can do 1000/FD and is connected with a CAT 5e cable. Setting it to 100/FD. It used to be connected with a 50m (not 30m as previously stated) CAT 5e cable - what I did not mention is that it is an Access point having a Power Injector inbetween. Putting a dump switch just before the Power connector stabalized the link - so no issue on the switch.

To make things worse: I have the Access Point now connected to the very same switch but only using a total of 5m CAT6 cable including the Power Injector and the flapping re-emerged. I have similar configurations across my setup without any issues and I suspect a faulty Power Injector or the AP is damaged.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1697

Replies: 2