[T1600G-28PS] PoE no more working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-27 11:01:05 - last edited 2019-03-27 11:03:59
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20160922 Rel.58984(s)

Hello everyone,

One of my customers has a T1600G-28PS switch since 1 year. All was working fine and suddently, the PoE is no more working. He came one morning and the IT cabinet was completly off. The switch (for routing part) is working, the management website is working aswell but but there is no PoE power. Every device that work with PoE doesn't "wake up" because there is not outgoing power.

In the PoE Config, I see "System Power Remain:    192.0w" (but maybe it's only a unverified information). The PoE status for each fort is settle on "Enabled" but Power Status is "Off"

Is there any fuse inside the switch or is there any settings to "re-enable" PoE ?

I've try to contact aswell the French TP-Link support and sales service but they don't answer on phone. I'am also still waiting the validation of my partners program affiliation.

If you have any advice.

Thanks.

Alex.

Options
2 Reply
Re:[T1600G-28PS] PoE no more working
2019-03-29 02:23:16

Little-Panda wrote

Hello everyone,

One of my customers has a T1600G-28PS switch since 1 year. All was working fine and suddently, the PoE is no more working. He came one morning and the IT cabinet was completly off. The switch (for routing part) is working, the management website is working aswell but but there is no PoE power. Every device that work with PoE doesn't "wake up" because there is not outgoing power.

In the PoE Config, I see "System Power Remain:    192.0w" (but maybe it's only a unverified information). The PoE status for each fort is settle on "Enabled" but Power Status is "Off"

Is there any fuse inside the switch or is there any settings to "re-enable" PoE ?

I've try to contact aswell the French TP-Link support and sales service but they don't answer on phone. I'am also still waiting the validation of my partners program affiliation.

If you have any advice.

Thanks.

Alex.

Hi Alex

Generally we connect only one poe device to poe switch for checking. Make sure that poe device meet the poe standard and your cable is cat5e or higher. 

Also can make sure that your poe device can work on other poe switch to confirm you poe device has not problem. If reset your poe switch and still cannot power the poe device, I think you should replace the poe switch.

Options
Re:Re:[T1600G-28PS] PoE no more working
2019-03-29 23:30:58

I've just proceed to a replacement of the product !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2725

Replies: 2

Related Articles