TL-SG1016PE "The amount of VLAN is full!"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-29 18:16:43
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-SG1016PE(UN)_V1_190118

So, I use a lost of TP-Link switches when I install wireless antennas, but this is the first time I actually need more than 32 VLANS.

I did as usual, I enabled the 802.11Q VLAN and started creating me VLANs, after adding 31 (so 32 total with the default management VLAN1) the webpage gave me the following pop-up after trying to same my 33rd "The amount of VLAN is full!".

The datasheet of the switch states the following:

VLAN Supports up to 128 VLANs simultaneously (out of 4K VLAN IDs)
MTU/Port/Tag VLAN

So I tried installing the lastest firmware --> same issue

I tried removing port members to a few VLANs so there would not be more than 32 VLAN per port --> same issue

Tried using an other browser --> same issue

Tried using the software to configure the switch --> same issue

Tried rebooting the switch --> same issue

I tried contacting TP-Link support line and now I am wanting for a call back from a network engineering.

So now I am posting this here, looking for anyone's help

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016PE "The amount of VLAN is full!"
2019-06-03 11:09:16

Hi Quebecom

Sorry to let you experience the issue. TL-SG1016PE supports up to 32 VLANs.  TP-Link Technical Support will contact you and help you solve the problem. 

Options
Re:TL-SG1016PE "The amount of VLAN is full!"
2021-05-06 19:03:52

@Anderson 

im having the same issue, where I would also need 32 VLans or more using that same switch, I'm actually a customer from Québécom who's having this issue and I do not wish to change switches 

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1119

Replies: 2

Related Articles