Low bandwidth/bad connection on CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-24 10:24:58 - last edited 2019-06-26 07:28:52
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have 2 apartments one of which gets internet from the wall, and the other gets internet with help of CPE510s placed in both apartments.

However Im getting a bad reception and low bandwidth almost consistently, I rarely see the ideal speed of 50mb/s (Which is my network providers/network plans max speed), but rather somewhere between 3-20mb/s (Normally, the speeds look better early in the morning or very late in the evening, so Im guessing internet traffic disturbs the CPE510s)

The CPEs lets me set distance and signal streangth in dBm (And I also found a feature called MAXtream, which supposedly lets a larger bandwidth pass thru as the cost of longer latency if I rermember right). Wbat would the ideal solution be for my case? Theres a distance of like 10m between my 2 apartments and both the CPEs are placed behind glass.

Heres what my network looks like:

Internet source from wall ------ Router ("Telia") ------ CPE510 ------- CPE510 ---- Router (Jensen 7000AC) ------ PCs/client devices
                                                     I
                                        PCs/client devices

Also I havent figured out how I can access my CPE510s from my PCs without removing my routers? Currently Ive just been rerouting my cables thru a ethernet line coupler as I I cant reach PharOS otherwise.

Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Low bandwidth/bad connection on CPE510
2019-06-26 07:31:29

According to your description,  CPE510 appears to be interfered with by other wireless signals.

There is a tool called spectral analysis. You can use this tool to scan the wireless signals over the environment.

Based on the results of spectrum analysis, you can adjust the CPE510 channel to choose a cleaner channel.

In addition, please look around CPE for high-power electrical equipment, such as elevators, construction sites, etc.

As for red PC/client devices, they can log in the client CPE and also can log in AP CPE when they are attached to  7000AC.

Options
Re:Re:Low bandwidth/bad connection on CPE510
2019-06-26 07:43:24
"As for red PC/client devices, they can log in the client CPE and also can log in AP CPE when they are attached to 7000AC." How would I do that? I also ran a Spectrum analysis, but Im already on the least trafficated channel
Options
Re:Re:Re:Low bandwidth/bad connection on CPE510
2019-06-26 08:13:45
The default IP of CPE is 192.168.0.254. We can modify this IP when we configure CPE. As an example. Router ----CPE A))))) CPE B------PC, we can set 192.168.0.253 to CPE A, and keep the default IP for CPE B. So that you can access these two web management pages by two different IPs. Of course, PC should set static IP in the same subnets with 192.168.0.X.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Low bandwidth/bad connection on CPE510
2019-06-26 11:18:56 - last edited 2019-06-26 11:50:48

Making my router act as a switch would remove the subnet created by it right? https://www.wikihow.tech/Use-a-Router-As-a-Switch If so what should I set the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway to?

Also will I still be able to reach the Jensen configuratino page from the same adress that I type in the webbrowsers search bar or will it change with the IP Adress?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1778

Replies: 4