Help needed to set up a CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-26 02:17:05 - last edited 2019-06-26 02:27:26
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased two CPE210 units to link my HugesNet ISP rounter and a shop I work in a mile away.  The access point requires a Linksys Extender to supply the ethernet wire to the CPE210.  On first setup the radio was visible a mile away but the internet was not.  I found both the extender and the AP report on Win10 wifi with an exclaimation point ! which must indicate they can connect but not bring the internet.  What should I do next?

I got text support from Linksys and their extender worked within 10 feet but at 100 feet it's in the green on its setup but on my laptop it shows open but with exclaimation point.  I disconnected the TP-Link cable and rebooted but the same result.  Is there any way to connect the CPE210 wirelessly to the ISP's modem via one of the other options?  Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Help needed to set up a CPE210
2019-06-26 08:05:45

I guess that your topology maybe like this : ISP modem-------CPE210(AP mode))))))))CPE210(Client mode)-------Linksys))))))Win 10

If the above topology is wrong, please point the mistake out.

According to your description, Win 10 can connect to Linksys but there is a "!" on the wireless icon. This indicates that WIN 10 is connected with Linksys, but we cannot determine whether CPE210 (client mode) is connected.

So I suggest you first confirm that the connection between the two CPEs is normal, and then confirm the connection between Linksys and CPE.

You can use a laptop, connect the PC to the CPE210 (AP mode) to see if the PC can access the Internet, and if so, connect the PC to the CPE210 (Client mode) to test.

Through the above methods to find the problem equipment, and then carry out troubleshooting.

Options
Re:Help needed to set up a CPE210
2019-06-26 15:28:05 - last edited 2019-06-26 15:30:15

Thanks.  My current configuration is ISP Modem))))Linksys extender-----CPE2109(AP mode).  The 2nd CPE210 is awaiting the current setup to work before placing it in clent mode.  Both the Linksys and CPE 210 show up on Win 10 with exclamaition points seperately and when wired together.  By the ))) I mean wireless connection and --- means wired.

I guess I will try more of the other options than AP mode to see if I can make ISP Modem)))))CPE210 work, then add on the second CPE210 in client mode.  The TP-Link ID shows up a mile away so it will work after I get the first one to carry the ISP signal.  

Another option could be to avoid the first wireless connection, hooking the first CPE210 by wire in AP mode, then use the 2nd CPE210 in another mode to broadcast to a third CPE210 in client mode.  Would you advise that?  The hop between the ISP modem and the Linksys---first CPE210 is less than 100 feet.

Options
Re:Re:Help needed to set up a CPE210
2019-06-27 09:23:18

Now you have three plans. According to your plans, I will give you my suggestions.

Plan A: ISP Modem))))Linksys extender-----CPE210(AP mode) ))))))))CPE210(Client mode).

From your description, it seems that there is a problem with the wireless connection between Linksys and modem, because PC links to Linksys SSID, PC has no Internet access.

Plan B: ISP Modem))))CPE210(AP mode)))))))CPE210(Client mode).

This solution cannot be realized because modems and CPE cannot be connected wirelessly, only through wired connection .

Plan C: ISP Modem----CPE210(AP mode)))))))CPE210(Repeater mode))))))))CPE(Client mode) 

This solution can be realized, but I do not recommend CPE Repeater mode, because the antenna of tp-link CPE seems to be one-way, that is, the front of CPE must face one of Client and AP, and it cannot be aligned with AP (receiving signal) and Client (sending signal) at the same time.

In fact, I suggest you build such a topology directly

ISP Modem-----CPE210(AP mode) ))))))))CPE210(Client mode)

This topology is the simplest and most convenient, but it depends on your situation anyway. I hope it is helpful.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Help needed to set up a CPE210
2019-06-27 16:48:36 - last edited 2019-06-27 16:50:01

Scott Tao, Tank you for your well considered response. I tried ISP Modem----CPE210 but was not able to get back to the CPE210 web page. I think my 2nd CPE210 may be defective so I have asked to return them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1181

Replies: 4

Related Articles