Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.

2019-07-08 01:47:09 - last edited 2020-04-21 09:45:22

Dear friends,

We are glad to share you that we have published Omada Controller 3.2.1 (Windows), which mainly optimizes the performance of the Omada Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

1. You can download Omada Controller 3.2.1 (Windows) at the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap-controller/#Controller_Software

2. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

Before this version of Omada Controller, we can use Omada Controller to manage no more than 500 EAPs. Now with Omada Controller 3.2.1, we can manage up to 1500 EAPs.

3. Installation on Windows Host

Make sure your PC meets the following requirements of hardware and system, then properly install the Omada Controller software.

3.1. Hardware Requirements

Omada Controller can manage up to 1500 EAPs if the Controller Host has enough hardware resources. To guarantee operational stability for managing 1500EAPs, we recommend that you use the hardware which meets or exceeds the following specifications:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-8100, i5-6500, or i7-4700 with 2 or more cores and 4 or more threads.
  • Memory:6 GB RAM or more.Omada Controller can manage up to 1500 EAPs if the Controller Host has enough hardware resources. To guarantee operational stability for managing 1500EAPs, we recommend that you use the hardware which meets or exceeds the following specifications:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-8100, i5-6500, or i7-4700 with 2 or more cores and 4 or more threads.
  • Memory:6 GB RAM or more.

3.2. System Requirements

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7/8/10/Server.
  • Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox 32 (or above), Google Chrome 37 (or above), Opera 24 (or above), or 
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (or above).

PS:We recommend that you deploy Omada Controller on a 64-bit operating system to guarantee the software stability.Hardware Requirements

New Feature/Enhancement:

1. Optimize the performance of Controller to manage up to 1500 EAPs.

2. Optimize the interactive process between EAP and Controller to decrease the process time.

3. Limit the entry number of client/client history/guest to 1.2 million/1.2 million /6 million.

4. Optimize display page of map and log when there are a lot of entries.

Bug Fixed:

1. Fixed the bug that CPU and memory may be highly used when Fast Roaming is enabled.

2. Fixed the bug that Omada Controller reports timeout error when adopting multiple EAPs simultaneously.

3. Fixed the bug that Controller will print all Voucher codes even only some of the codes are selected.

Notes:

1. To use Omada Controller 3.2.x new features, you need to upgrade your EAP's firmware to the corresponding version.

2. Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will NOT be able to downgrade to an earlier version.

3. Portal configuration will be lost after upgrading to Omada Controller 3.2.X from 2.4.X or earlier version.

Options
17 Reply
Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-07-10 02:52:31

Hi,

The US version and EU version of Omada Controller are same, so you can download the Omada Controller in www.tp-link.com/en or www.tp-link.com/us. 

Options
Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-07-14 11:34:10

How to apply this update on OC200? Latest controller version on OC200 is still  at version 3.1.13.

Options
2019-07-15 09:21:27

Hi @hashrack ,

The firmware (with Controller 3.2.1) of OC200 will be released in the following days. 

Normally, the firmware of OC200 will be late for several days than the version of Omada Controller.

Options
2019-07-26 13:55:36

Omada Controller: V3.2.1

Model: EAP225-Outdoor

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20181107 Rel. 35628

Omada Controller V3.2.1 has a serious bug/vulnerability when it's managed by Omada Controller.

Vulnerability is striggered by Omada Controller is offline, or when OC200 is offline.

Normally, when both are online, EAP and Omada Controller(PC/OC200), with voucher authentication enabled, users are able to connect to the Wifi Network without a password, from there, a portal is opened, and unless the user enter's a valid Voucher Code, user won't be able to use the internet. User will only be connected to the Wifi Network but can't use the internet.

The problem occurs when Omada Controller is offline.

When a user connects to EAP which is managed by Omada Controller, and the Omanda Controller is offline, of course, portal will not run and doesn't show the user to enter a Voucher Code. It instead show the user this: Sorry if I grab this photo but it is very the same problem.

And checking on "I accept the Terms of Use" then click login, user are then able to get this: Sorry if I grab this photo but it is very the same problem.

Portal Login Success! - This doesn't show but you are connected to the network. User doesn't need a valid voucher code to use the internet. And user is connected to the network permanently. 

Now, when I run the controller, it shows that the user is connected to the network as guest (OPPO-F7):

But if I check in Insight > Past Guest Authentication, the device's MAC Address is not there, as it didn't authenticate the normal way, via voucher. No voucher was used to successfully connect to the network. I also checked the "Log", connection/authentication is also not recorded, since user connects to the network, and successfully logged in to the portal while Omada Controller is offline. 

As a temporary solution to avoid this vulnerability i blocked all current user trying to connect to me and only guest device is allowed.

Still, this should be fixed ASAP. When an EAP is managed by Omada Controller, this login screen Sorry if I grab this photo but it is very the same problem.

should not be displayed, when the Omada Controller is not detected. Through this, other users will be able to use your network and connect to the internet without the controller's portal.

Update:
I tried to Unautorize the device, but it can't be unauthorized as it gives an error: Authorization iniformation does not exist. So this device is now permanently connected to the network and can't be unauthorized.

Options
2019-07-29 08:45:21

Hello @theGamer ,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have found this bug, which is because of the firmware of EAP. We are making a latest version of EAP to fix this bug. When we finish it, we will upload it to the offical website. 

Options
2019-07-29 08:51:38

You know what i noticed TPLINK FORREST if you have no authentication you have a 30 minutes - 1 hour connection then it disconnect automatically and you need to view the I accept terms and condition page then click log in, to continue using the internet again...hope you fixed this bug as soon as it is possible so everybody is happy...thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-09-06 11:59:06

Hello @forrest ,

Do you have an update on the firmware for the OC200? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-09-06 19:34:11

I'd like to suggest a feature. Can you add an option to PAUSE the time of vouchers. i.e. the voucher's time wouldn't decrease when the user disconnects. Against competition with other wifi vendos, we (tplink eap users) lose out here because they do have this feature. It can be a toggle, for users who do not want this feature. Thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-09-09 00:50:34

Jeffreyslam wrote

Hello @forrest ,

Do you have an update on the firmware for the OC200? 

Hello,

We will update a firmware for the OC200, the firmware is not released now, normally it will be later than the software Controller. When the firmware is finished, we will release it in our website. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Omada Controller 3.2.1(Windows) has been released.
2019-09-09 01:13:57

Tag1 wrote

I'd like to suggest a feature. Can you add an option to PAUSE the time of vouchers. i.e. the voucher's time wouldn't decrease when the user disconnects. Against competition with other wifi vendos, we (tplink eap users) lose out here because they do have this feature. It can be a toggle, for users who do not want this feature. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

For now, once the client devices connect to the portal SSID, it will start to calculate the authentication time. If we set the authentication time is one hour, when the time starts, , maybe the clients just connect for only 10 minutes, one hour later the client cannot access the internet. You want the PAUSE feature, then the clients can also access the internet when they connect to the network. 

Actually, if the authentication is out of date, we can use another voucher code to pass the antuentication to access the internet again, in this situation, why we need the PAUSE feature? Could you please tell us the reason about it? By the way, you mention other wifi vendors support this feature, could you please tell us which vendors?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10759

Replies: 17