CPE610 How to setup remote management through SSH

2019-08-16 08:29:23 - last edited 2019-08-18 14:38:07
Model: CPE610
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.1.12 Build 20180202 Rel. 58819 (4555)

Hi TP Link,

I have a question about SSH, I'm not sure what the limits of SSH on the TP Link devices are, but I would like to do the following:

I need to change the Remote Management settings on the CPE610 and dont have access to the property. I can ping the device and I can also login through SSH.

Can I change the Remote Management Settings through SSH?

Thanks You.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re: CPE610 How to setup remote management through SSH-Solution
2019-08-17 10:16:04 - last edited 2019-08-18 14:38:07

R1D2 wrote

PolarAIR wrote

I would be interested in using ssh for remote management too, but couldn't find out how to change settings from command line if connected to a CPE through SSH.

Alternative methods to remotely connect to the Pharos web UI are:

• Forwarding of CPE's port 80 on the router (requires public IP on the router's WAN side),
  • SSH tunneling/forwarding of CPE's port 80 (-L with public IP on the router's WAN side),
  • SSH tunneling/forwarding of CPE's port 80 (-R if no public IP available, requires start of ssh tunnel on the router),
  • VPN between local and remote networks,
  • using Pharos Control running on-site (if more than one CPE should be remotely manageable) and port forwarding for Pharos Control.

I use a combination of -L/-R over two SSH tunnels currently: our routers deploy a reverse tunnel to the remote mgmt server on demand, I then use a forwarding tunnel from my workstation to the remote mgmt server to reach the CPE's web UI.

Thanks R1D2 !

I used the "-R"  option and it worked great.

I connected to the CPE through SSH and used Putty with the tuneling feature, then I just setup my browser to use the localhost as the proxy. And there I connected to the CPE Web UI remotely.

Best Solution
Options
3 Replies
Re: CPE610 How to setup remote management through SSH
2019-08-17 02:21:41 - last edited 2019-08-17 02:25:22

PolarAIR wrote

I would be interested in using ssh for remote management too, but couldn't find out how to change settings from command line if connected to a CPE through SSH.

• Forwarding of CPE's port 80 on the router (requires public IP on the router's WAN side),
  • SSH tunneling/forwarding of CPE's port 80 (-L with public IP on the router's WAN side),
  • SSH tunneling/forwarding of CPE's port 80 (-R if no public IP available, requires start of ssh tunnel on the router),
  • using Pharos Control running on-site (if more than one CPE should be remotely manageable) and port forwarding for Pharos Control.

I use a combination of -L/-R over two SSH tunnels currently: our routers deploy a reverse tunnel to the remote mgmt server on demand, I then use a forwarding tunnel from my workstation to the remote mgmt server to reach the CPE's web UI.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Re: CPE610 How to setup remote management through SSH-Solution
2019-08-17 10:16:04 - last edited 2019-08-18 14:38:07

R1D2 wrote

PolarAIR wrote

Thanks R1D2 !

I connected to the CPE through SSH and used Putty with the tuneling feature, then I just setup my browser to use the localhost as the proxy. And there I connected to the CPE Web UI remotely.

Best Solution
Options
Re: CPE610 How to setup remote management through SSH
2019-08-17 12:52:27

PolarAIR wrote:

Thanks R1D2 !

Glad it works for you. Yes, port forwarding over SSH tunnels is a very helpful and easy to set up feature.

Please can you mark the answer as best solution so that others with the same requirement can find it? Thanks!

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options