Resetting a Switch via Consoleport

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-21 16:14:53
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20170928 Rel.37650(s)

Hallo,

I have a Switch (T2600G-28MPS(TL-SG3424P)) and can not use the WEB GUI because i don't know the rigth IP Adresse after craching the config.

So i want to rest the Switch over USB console port, because there is no resetbutton.

I have installed the USB driver. And i have a normal USB cable with micro USB.

Can someone give me a detailed discription to reset the Switch via USB Consoleport?

Thank you

Regards

Timo

Options
1 Reply
Re:Resetting a Switch via Consoleport
2019-08-23 02:39:50

Timo85 wrote

Hallo,

I have a Switch (T2600G-28MPS(TL-SG3424P)) and can not use the WEB GUI because i don't know the rigth IP Adresse after craching the config.

So i want to rest the Switch over USB console port, because there is no resetbutton.

I have installed the USB driver. And i have a normal USB cable with micro USB.

Can someone give me a detailed discription to reset the Switch via USB Consoleport?

Thank you

Regards

Timo

You can refer to the FAQ of TP-Link.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2124/

Although it's using console cable, but using USB console is the same.You just need to choose the correct serial line for USB. In the faq it choose COM1 for console port. 

If you are using Windows, you can check which communication port(COM) USB console uses on Device Manager of Windows. After confirm serial line, other steps are the same as FAQ.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1514

Replies: 1