Change PoE config from script

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-12 11:46:21
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 20180716

I have a buggy device powered via PoE on one of the ports of T1600G-52PS switch.

I understand that this switch does not have internal PoE watchdog functionality and I would like to emulate it via calling arbitrary script from Zabbix, i.e. when device stops responding to pings, power cycle it by cutting PoE supply and resuming it after a few seconds.

I couldn't find any OIDs that allow for PoE config change on a specific port via SNMP. It seems that only proper way to do this is somehow script SSH session and call needed commands from there. Am I correct?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Change PoE config from script
2019-09-16 08:05:30

MaxGashkov wrote

I have a buggy device powered via PoE on one of the ports of T1600G-52PS switch.

I understand that this switch does not have internal PoE watchdog functionality and I would like to emulate it via calling arbitrary script from Zabbix, i.e. when device stops responding to pings, power cycle it by cutting PoE supply and resuming it after a few seconds.

I couldn't find any OIDs that allow for PoE config change on a specific port via SNMP. It seems that only proper way to do this is somehow script SSH session and call needed commands from there. Am I correct?

You can download the private MIB from TP-Link official website, it should contain the OIDs for PoE config. @MaxGashkov 

Options
2019-09-16 08:09:29

@Andone I did and snmpwalk did not reveal anything related to PoE on this switch. Is there a reference somewhere on this?

Options
2019-09-16 08:42:16
I found the following OID from TP-Link private MIB. .1.3.6.1.4.1.11863.6.56.1.1.2.1.1.2 Description "Select to disable/enable the PoE feature for the corresponding port. If set enable, the corresponding port can supply power to the linked PD (Powered Device)." The root OID for PoE .1.3.6.1.4.1.11863.6.56
Options
2019-09-16 09:08:25

@Andone thank you, that's exactly what I need.

BTW, for some reason MIBs included in the archive from download page for this switch do not include this OID.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 931

Replies: 4