Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access Point
Access Point
2019-09-19 18:59:04 - last edited 2019-09-20 00:47:04
Model: CAP300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello Dear

Hope all are fine, need some help regarding to Access Point Setup

In a hostel need to install CAP300 Access Point, total 6 Floor Each Floor has 3-48 Ports Switch, and each Switch is connected to one main 24 Ports switch in Server Room, each floor has 25 CAP300, that need to connect with Floor Switch,with main 24 Ports Switch has connected with Controller AC500,and Load Balance Seperately,but problem is this that client need to connect IP Telephony with each floor 48Ports switch,please help me someone how to do this all that IP telephones cannot conflict with Access Points

Options
3 Reply
Re:Access Point
2019-09-23 09:09:11

@Kashf 

Kashf wrote

Hello Dear

Hope all are fine, need some help regarding to Access Point Setup

In a hostel need to install CAP300 Access Point, total 6 Floor Each Floor has 3-48 Ports Switch, and each Switch is connected to one main 24 Ports switch in Server Room, each floor has 25 CAP300, that need to connect with Floor Switch,with main 24 Ports Switch has connected with Controller AC500,and Load Balance Seperately,but problem is this that client need to connect IP Telephony with each floor 48Ports switch,please help me someone how to do this all that IP telephones cannot conflict with Access Points

I suggest that you give these fixed IP phones fixed IP addresses on the front router or DHCP Server. 

Generally speaking, router/DHCP Server has a function called address reservation. router/DHCP Server will assign fixed IP addresses to fixed MAC addresses.

Then wireless clients will not conflict with IP phones.

Options
2019-09-23 09:15:42

@Scott.Tao 

Thanks dear 

Options
2019-09-25 07:39:27

I would also use VLANS to isolate the telephony from the access points, ideally using one VLAN for WiFi, one for Telephony and a third for management that is not accesible from any client port. Also dont use the default VLAN.

Use trunk connections between the switches so there should be no need for any wiring changes just configuration.

Isolating telephony and data in this way is better for security, troubleshooting, policy control, etc

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 3

Related Articles