Problem with multiple AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with multiple AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem with multiple AP
Problem with multiple AP
2019-09-26 09:50:49
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good afternoon
I have a problem installing multiple APs (TL-WA901ND).
I have a large warehouse with several corners, where 7 Aps are installed, all using the same WiFi.
I have been working on various PDAs that collect barcode references from products that need to be ordered from the supplier.
These PDAs disconnect from the network several times a day for long minutes.
Is it because of the excess of Aps where PDAs get shuffled when walking around the warehouse?
Has anyone had a problem of this kind?
Thank you for your help

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with multiple AP
2019-09-26 10:35:25

I have a problem installing multiple APs (TL-WA901ND).
I have a large warehouse with several corners, where 7 Aps are installed, all using the same WiFi.

TL-WA901ND are SOHO devices (small office/home office). They work in the 2.4 GHz band only. For a large warehouse I would recommend to use business-class EAPs such as the EAP225, which is a dual-band device and has lot of functions to work well in critical installations such as a warehouse. You also should consider to let a professional make measurements of the installed APs (even with EAPs). Installing a well-working WiFi in a large warehouse with plenty of client devices is a challenge which requires careful planning and deployment.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Problem with multiple AP
2020-01-21 12:09:14

@CarlosSoares Hi

If you are using multiple APs, I'd suggest you use TP-LINK EAP245 wireless access point.

This is the best AP in the business class.

Key features

• Software for central management of wireless network
  • PoE 802.3at up to 100 m
  • Easy to mount on a wall or ceiling
  • Authentication with a captive portal
  • Multi-SSID to separate groups of wireless clients
  • Enterprise-class Wi-Fi security measures
  • Gigabit Ethernet port for demanding applications and for transferring multimedia content

As the features suggest, It'd help you to handle a larger work area without disconnecting at all.

I hope this helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1195

Replies: 2

Related Articles