T2600G-28SQ sfp shows link but no data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-02 11:57:18

Hello all,

I've just installed an T2600G-28SQ sfp switch and sfp's, using 80km 1490/1550 sfp's from fs.com. They claim that these are compatible with the TP-link switches. Everything looks fine -- links come up (mulitple ports), but I can never get any data across the link. The other end of each link is a media converter. I've tried ping from the switch to the device on the other end of the media converter, no luck. If I use the same sfp's in two media converters, all works perfectly. I can also ping the rest of the network (connected via copper) from the switch, and the copper ports work fine.

I upgrade the firmware to the latest version, but no difference.

Any help / ideas would be hugely appreciated!

Everett

Options
1 Reply
Re:T2600G-28SQ sfp shows link but no data
2019-10-09 10:59:20

@Everett 

Everett wrote

Hello all,

I've just installed an T2600G-28SQ sfp switch and sfp's, using 80km 1490/1550 sfp's from fs.com. They claim that these are compatible with the TP-link switches. Everything looks fine -- links come up (mulitple ports), but I can never get any data across the link. The other end of each link is a media converter. I've tried ping from the switch to the device on the other end of the media converter, no luck. If I use the same sfp's in two media converters, all works perfectly. I can also ping the rest of the network (connected via copper) from the switch, and the copper ports work fine.

I upgrade the firmware to the latest version, but no difference.

Any help / ideas would be hugely appreciated!

Everett

Make sure your Media Converter is 1490/1550 as well. And both LED of T2600G-28SQ and media converter is light? Try to change the duplex mode for the switch. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 659

Replies: 1