TL SG2452 no sys light and no access to management page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-15 20:55:53 - last edited 2019-10-15 20:57:52
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone !

I've a problem with my managed switch (TL-SG2452)

While running, the power led is green and the fans are turning.

But the sys led is always off as well as all the activity led (on every port I plug another device the activity leds are always off)

If I plug another switch the activity led of the other is blincking but not on mine.

If I connect a computer, I don't have an ip address assigned even if a dhcp server is connected to the switch.

And if I put a fixed address on my computer I can't access to the management page of the switch.

I already tried to do a factory reset (unplug power, wait a bit, push the reset button while pluging back the power, continue to hold the reset button for 15 secs then release.

While doing this factory reset the sys or activity leds are always off and the power led is on.

I opened the switch and measured the power supply, it seems to be good.

Have you an idea of what could be the problem ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english

François

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL SG2452 no sys light and no access to management page
2019-10-16 01:58:53
If the system LED is off, it means that the switch is not working. Since TL-SG2452 has not console port, it's hard to fix it. If you device is during warranty, suggest to ask for RMA.
Options
2019-10-16 10:03:55

@Andone 

Unfortunately it's not under waranty for a long time ( I bought it from second hand).

So I was hoping you can help me to repair it.

The seller said me it was working but it's not and I didn't have the possibility to try it before pay.

The seller send me a picture which show the screen of his computer connected to the management page (same mac address).

The seller said me the problem appears certainly during shipping, but I don't understand how it's possible because the shipping was not on a long distance and the switch was verry well packed.

What should I do ? (I already tried to speak to the seller but he doesn't want to hear anything ...)

Thanks !

Options
2019-10-17 02:48:09
Sorry that I cannot do anything. If your product has console port, we still can try to recover the firmware. But unfortunately TL-SG2452 has not console port. The seller or the courier company should be responsible for this issue...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2370

Replies: 3