VLAN Routing with Cisco Aironet AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-23 17:32:56
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190118 Rel.32996

I'm having some issues getting traffic from a CIsco Aironet AP to route correctly through a TL-SG1016PE. It's entirely possible there is some Cisco sertting not configured correctly, but I would like to validate the Switch settings.

My goal is to have the AP operate on two VLANs, and tag packets according to which SSID a client is associated with, and for the switch to handle those packets appropriately.

Switch physical configuration/objective:

Port 1 - Cisco Access Point (On VLANs 1 and 4, supposed to be internally tagging packets based on SSID for either VLAN)

Port 9 - Router "Zulu" (exclusively on VLAN 4)

Port 10 - Sanity check physical port (exclusively on VLAN 4)

Port 16 - Routher "Alpha" (exclusively on VLAN 1)

The Cisco AP is configured with two SSIDs and two corresponding VLANs

VLAN 1 corresponds with "SSID #1"

VLAN 4 corresponds with "SSID #4"

The TL-SG1016PE is also configured with two VLANs that correspond to the 

VLAN 1 includes member ports 1 and 16, and port 1 is tagged (all others untagged)

VLAN 4 includes members 1,9,10, and port 1 is tagged (all others untagged)

PVID is 1 for ports 1 and 16

PVID is 4 for ports 9 and 10

What I'm currently seeing is that all traffic on VLAN 1/SSID #1 is working great, and is routing correctly through "Router Alpha" as expected. No traffic on SSID #4 is being routed to "Router Zulu", but if I attach another network device (as a sanity check) to port 10, VLAN 4 otherwise appears to be working correctly.

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN Routing with Cisco Aironet AP
2019-12-24 03:33:05

@SoapyPotato 

Your switch's settings are correct. You already did the test to verify that VLAN4 can work.

When you connect SSID #4, did you get the IP address that Router "Zulu" assigned? If you can get the correct IP and gateway is Router "Zulu", it should work normally.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 1

Related Articles