Multiple VLANs using the embedded DHCP server on T1600G-28PS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-21 23:47:05
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have configured 3 VLANs: 1 (default), 2 and 3. They're dedicated to 3 separate /24 networks. Host on these VLANs are able to communicate with each other, and each subnets having their own DHCP servers, working as expected. I want to simplify and unify the DHCP administration to just use a single DHCP server, specifically the DHCP server of the switch. I have the DHCP server enabled with 3 address pools. I also created VLAN interfaces in each VLAN/subnet (not sure if this is required for DHCP to work in different subnets). 

When I connect a host to a port assigned to VLAN 1, then I get an IP from the proper pool from the DHCP server, however I get no IP when connecting to any of VLAN 2 and 3. Do I need to create or enable DHCP relay when I want to use the embedded DHCP server in all of the VLANs? How should this be configured? The examples in the docs are pretty clear when using external DHCP servers with different VLANs and DHCP relay, but I'm not sure how to apply those to the embedded DHCP server. For example if relay is necessary, what would I set to the DHCP server IP? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple VLANs using the embedded DHCP server on T1600G-28PS
2020-01-22 06:31:52

@CsGabor 

You can refer to the FAQ. It's similar to your scenario.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/887/

Options