Help I'm a noob

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help I'm a noob

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help I'm a noob
Help I'm a noob
2020-01-24 03:06:23 - last edited 2020-01-24 03:08:50
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am a noob and have no networking experience. I just need some pointers on what settings I need to change to make these work.

I have one 510 set up as access point, the network cable connected to it has a speed of 170 mbps download and a 170 mbps upload. I have a second 510 set up as a client, when I connect to the cable I get 60 mbps download and 60 mbps upload. When I connect that cable to a Google Wifi puck I get 60 mbps down and 60 mbps up within the Google app.  When hardwire to the second port on the Google Wifi puck I get 60 mbps up and down. when I connect to the Google Wifi puck wirelessly I get .5 mbps down and around 16 mbps upload.

I was briefly able to get the Wi-Fi puck to broadcast at a higher speed (50 mbps down and up) by changing the IP address of the access point and the client to the same as the router the access point is attached to.  It didn’t last though.

From all my playing around with it it seems like the Google Wi-Fi router is not able to communicate properly with the router that’s connected to the access point. I’ve connected the Google Wifi router directly to the main router (that the access point is attached to) and everything works fine. It’s just when I put the two CPE 510’s in between that it has an issue.

How do I set these CPE 510s up so that I can connect a google Wi-Fi mesh router to the client and have it work?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help I'm a noob
2020-02-05 07:47:41

@attk

Your topology may be like this:

router-------cpe(ap))))))))cpe(client)-------wifi router)))))client

Where do you plan to install CPE? Are there any obstacles between the two CPEs?

Options
Re:Help I'm a noob
2020-02-06 06:41:52 - last edited 2020-02-06 06:51:54

@Scott.Tao 

January 24 till February 4:

Router (170 mbps) - Switch - CPE AP  (170 mbps) - CPE Client  (40 mbps) - Goggle Wifi primary point (40 mbps wired) 40 mbps up and down wirelessly.

This was working last week.  I ended up not putting a password on the CPE's when I set them up and it seemed to fix the problem.  From January 24 till February 4 I was getting 40 mbps up and down wirelessly on the google wifi pucks (4 total).  Then all of a sudden today I'm 3 mbps down and 16 mbps up.

The CPE's are line of sight.  There are obstacles and elevation differences but I am super happy to get 40 mbps up and down.  My issue is that the google wifi has stopped transmitting the speeds wirelessly again.  I'm not sure if I need to change settings on the main router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 854

Replies: 2