Transmit WiFi 200 mtrs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Transmit WiFi 200 mtrs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Transmit WiFi 200 mtrs
Transmit WiFi 200 mtrs
2020-01-31 12:13:14 - last edited 2020-02-11 10:22:22

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here so please be gentle on this poor old man :)

My son lives in a house approximately 200 mtrs from our place and as I have unlimited intenet, I'm hoping to share it with him (and enable him to use our network printer etc).

I do know a little about networking etc but when I started looking for info on this particular project, I was left totally confused with what I need to do and coming across terms like PTP, PTM and PTH etc.

I did buy a Tuoshi N519D "Wireless USB Adapter" after looking at the description and specs published but after installing the software and setting it up, I found that it did absolutely nothing useful and instead seemed to cause other problems with two small Wi FI extenders that we already have in our home so this device will be going back to Amazon very soon

Having had great success with TP Link gear in the past, I started looking through the range for something suitable and came across the following units that (by what I can understand) may do the job and play the game fairly for me.

a) TP-LINK CPE210 300Mbps Wireless Access Point

b) TP-Link 2.4GHz 300Mbps Wireless Outdoor CPE220

c) TP-LINK TL-CPE510 5Ghz 300Mbps 13dBi Outdoor

d) TP-LINK WBS510 5GHz 300Mbps Outdoor Wireless Base Station

The three most important things that I need are:

1) A device that is going to let me broadcast a Wi Fi Signal at least 200 mtrs (line of site)

2) As it's new territory for me to explore, something that is easy to install, set up and maintain.

3) I really can't afford to spend big bucks on a device and would like to spend as little as possible.

Hopefully someone will be able to understand my ramblings and let me know what I should be doing.

Cheers

Paul

Options
1 Reply
Re:Transmit WiFi 200 mtrs
2020-02-12 02:45:25

@Halo 

First. i will explain the differences among the four devices, then i will give my suggestion.

CPE210 is the same as CPE220. They only support 2.4GHz. but CPE220 has a higher gain antenna.

CPE510 and WBS510 only support 5GHz. but WBS510 is a base station for business, it needs a extend antenna. 5GHz has a higher performance than 2.4GHz.

So i suggest you can use CPE510 to share your net.

How to install CPE510?

you can place the CPE510 on the roof or high place. and then point the cpe510 in the direction of your son's house and set CPE510 to AP mode. The detailed configuration is simple, you can follow the instructions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 689

Replies: 1