TP-Link CPE210 Gaining Then Losing Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-01 05:57:14
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 Build 20190620 Rel. 61487 (5553)

Okay hi, all.

So today I received the CPE210 in the mail. I had thought of using it as a repeater for my back yard since we don't get a ton of cellular service out in my area and it's a pretty big yard. I was going to put it directly behind my house but first set it up inside. I went through the quick setup and the signal looked good along with everything else. I then realized that all 4 lights were going in and out, about every 10-12 seconds, then turning back on like normal. I then noticed that every time the RX Rate goes below 1Mbps, the connection drops. It never goes above 1Mbps. The TX Rate just stays at a constant 0.0Mbps. I have tried changing ethernet cables restarting the home router and the CPE210 itself. I searched around on the internet and nothing was popping up useful about this issue. If anyone could provide info on this that would be great! If anyone has any questions to ask me I will try to provide answers to them. TIA!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link CPE210 Gaining Then Losing Signal
2020-02-01 13:55:31 - last edited 2020-02-01 13:58:34

@Dxlan,

to extend a WLAN to a back yard, you should use an EAP225-Outdoor rather than a CPE. CPEs are for directional links over very long ranges and usually they are used pair-wise for such links.

If you insist to use a CPE for supplying standard WiFi gear such as smartphones/tablets etc. over short distances, use an Ethernet cable to connect the CPE to your LAN, set it to AP mode and point its front to the back yard.

Keep in mind that coverage is limited due to the CPE's 65º antenna beam width. Also keep in mind that standard WiFi gear has much worser antennas and won't cover more than ~70 to 140m reliably (depending on the device and its WiFi modes). It's this device's antenna which limits the distance a CPE can operate with standard WiFi gear.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 1