TL-SG1016 Switch Issue - Xbox One

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-27 02:16:31
Model: TL-SG1016  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just finished remodeling my home and finally got around to setting up the hardwired network in my home. I hardwired my xbox one to the outlet in my room and it has internet connection. The connection works perfectly for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and all of my other streaming services/apps. The only issue is that it will not establish a multiplayer connection which is needed to play games. I am getting the following error "Can't get a Teredo IP address"

Here is my current network setup:

Arris SBG6580 surboard cable modem

connected to 

TP Link TL-SG1016D 16 port unmanaged plug and play switch (i purchased this back in September of 2017)

connected to 

patch panel

**Will i have to get a managed switch to resolve this issue or is there an easy fix that i am missing that would resolve my issue.

with thanks,

David

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016 Switch Issue - Xbox One
2020-02-27 03:02:50

@davidcampos 

If you connect to xbox to your Arris SBG6580 surboard cable modem directly, can it work? (As I know, the router may need to enable UPNP) Or did your xbox ever work with other switches?

As you said, SG1016 is plug and play. So if you have confirmed your xbox can work with other devices, you can think about to change the switch.

Options
Re:TL-SG1016 Switch Issue - Xbox One
2020-02-28 01:18:46 - last edited 2020-02-28 01:20:48

@Andone I ended up disconnecting the rooms connection to the switch. The connection for the room is now from the router to patch panel, instead of router, switch, and then patch panel.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 2

Related Articles