How do I upgrade T2600G-28TS?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-12 17:34:03
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 170527

Hi,

I took over a job from another company where they had install two T2600G-28TS switches (one on each floor). Now they have some trouble with the switches hanging and I thought that I would update the firmware to the latest verison.

Im not so familiar with the TP-LINK switches, but my understanding is that Is should log in to the web interface, take a config backup and then perform the backup. Does the switch reset after a firmware upgrade or is it just like upgrading a home router?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I upgrade T2600G-28TS?
2020-03-13 09:25:08

@arnada 

Hi,

Most of you said is alright. If you want to upgade the firmware, just need to login the switch web-GUI, backup your current configuration then upgrade the firmware. After the switch upgraded, genertally it will keep the original configuration and will not reset. You don't need to re-configure or import the backup config file. But if the release note for the firmware has the information that may lost the configuration, then you need to re-configure your switch after upgrading, and it's recommended to reset the switch.  

Options
Re:How do I upgrade T2600G-28TS?
2020-03-13 10:01:31

@Anderson thank you for your answer. I didn't find anything in the release notes so I guess it should keep the configuration if everything goes as planned.

Have a nice weekend!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 966

Replies: 2

Related Articles