POE Power issue on TL-SG1016PE help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-31 23:22:40
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

so I have had this poe switch for about 2 years and it seems that every single time i need to hook something new to the POE port for a POE camera I have a hell of a time getting it to power after multple unplugs, plugs in , reseting the switch it will power. now finally i am hooking up my last POE camera I can not get it to power for the life of me. The camera works over Ethernet into a POE port when the camera has its power cord plugged in yet when I remove and reset everything it will not power on. I have 3 other Amcrest cameras and a Unify AP that I went through the song and dance with to power on but this last one I cant get to work. I used the TP link smart configuration tool and it sees something plugged into the port same as all the others.. does anyone know if there is something I need to do to send power?? im ready to ditch this swtich and get something better.   :(

Options
2 Reply
Re:POE Power issue on TL-SG1016PE help
2020-04-03 06:05:20

@Tmoran000 

TL-SG1016PE only port 1-8 supports PoE function. If your cameras are connected to port 1-8 and still cannot get power, it's recommended to change the cable for testing. Generally need cat5 cable or higher.

Options
Re:POE Power issue on TL-SG1016PE help
2021-07-12 21:59:43

@Tmoran000 The TL-SG1016PE has a power budget of 110W so if each camera is PoE+ and using 30W that means you can only have 3 cameras with 20W left over for your AP. 8 ports on your switch support PoE+ but only 110W can be used total on the switch. If you have PoE 15W cameras (not +) then all 8 ports would work. Hope this helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1357

Replies: 2

Related Articles