Cpe 610 short distance link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-09 02:00:32
Model: CPE610  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, i have a problem trying to connect my 610 as a client router to a public internet AP without security key. 

the AP is only 30 meters away, with direct view, without obstacles. 

My problem is that I cant connect to the AP . I tried changing the region, lowering the power, and nothing happened. how should I configure the power of the 610 to achieve a good connection with the AP?

I am a novice in this topic

Thank you very much and sorry for my English

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cpe 610 short distance link
2020-04-09 13:47:37

@German93, could be either a channel problem (CPEs support only outdoor channels) or a distance problem (too short).

You should be able to connect with the client directly to the public AP over a distance of 30m. If this does not work, it won't work neither with a CPE since the public AP's signal might be too weak to send somethingback to the CPE (e.g. if the public AP is an indoor AP).

Next issue is with antenna beam width: the CPE610 has a directional 9º wide antenna beam which concentrates RF energy into one direction. This makes it diffcult to connect to any other device other than directional CPEs. Usually CPEs are always used pair-wise for PtP links.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 1

Related Articles