Connection failure between NAS and TV via smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-14 14:47:04
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 20180629

Hi,

I've set up a home network which seems to be working well, but i've come across a very specific issue i cant seem to resolve.

I've got a Asustor (6204T) NAS connected to several computers and Hisense smart TV, all connected to a TL-SG1024DE smart switch and Asus N55U modem / router. The NAS is located phyically next to the TV and is connected by an additional HDMI cable to allow for 4K streaming of my movie collection (or at least that's the idea).

During setup of the media server, Emby, I get a connection failure error when trying to link it in the TV app. The app is opened via the HDMI link (app sits on the NAS) and requires the server to be added via the local IP address (192.168.x.x). Upon trying to add the server I get connection failure message. Suggestions are that something could be blocking the link.

I've ensured that all port forwarding has been enabled everywhere i can find, and that all the firewalls arent blocking the connection (added in exceptions etc), checked anti-virus excetions also. The only other item I can think off possibly causing an issue, and that i'm pretty lost with, is the smart switch.

Is it possible the switch could be causing a connection failure? Can I check this somehow and do I need to configure the switch?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 0

Related Articles