IP TV - VLAN - IGMP Snooping and IPV6 Multicast - Bug in Firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-23 17:40:45
Region : Germany

Model : TL-SG3216

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 2.0.6 Build 20120528 Rel.56030

ISP :

Hi,
I have problems getting IPv6 multicast signals from my streaming server (NetCeiver for IP TV) to my streaming clients on my SG3216. I don't get a signal nor do I get a link on my switch. As soon as I connect the same client to a switch port on my second switch (SG3210) which is connected through an ISL trunk port I get a signal and IP TV at once.

If I use a "usual" network client as a PC or a Laptop instead of a streaming client on the same port, I get a signal and a network connection to any other member of my LAN.

So the switch itself is physically ok, I think. I consider the firmware to be buggy or wrong configured (which I doubt because it is identically on my smaller switch which is doing fine).

-----------------
My LAN environment in detail:

I have a SG3216 (now Firmware Version: 2.1.1 Build 20121225 Rel.35887) and a SG3210 (Firmware Version: 1.8.3 Build 20120510 Rel.78473) managed switch connected through a port on each switch (each trunk and member of VLAN 1 + 2) in my environment.

- There are two VLANs (1 + 2)
- VLAN 1 (default) and VLAN 2 for IPv6 multicast streams (a so called NetCeiver streams SAT TV signals through a IPv6 multicast in my LAN. -- Gigabit)
- My NetCeiver is connected at port 15 of my SG3216. This port is configured as a member of VLAN 2 only (PVID 2) and untagged (which is to set so according to the advice of the manufacturer.)
- Each port of a streaming client which is supposed to get the IP TV signals is member of VLAN 1 (untaged) for usual network traffic and member of VLAN 2 (tagged) for streaming traffic (which is to set so according to the advice of the manufacturer.).
- The streaming clients' network interfaces are configured correctly through automated setup of the manufacturer software (linux)

Both switches are configured identically as follows (everything which is not mentioned is left to default):

VLAN -> 802.1Q VLAN:
- VLAN 1 (default) + VLAN 2 (created)
- all ports except the ISL trunk ports are set to link type "general"
- Port "tagging" and membership of VLANs is configured according to the needs of a client as mentioned above.

- Multicast -> IGMP Snooping:

Global Config:
IGMP Snooping: Enabled
Unknown Multicast: Forward
---------------------------------
IGMP Snooping Status:
Description Member
Enabled Port 1-16
Enabled VLAN 1-2
Port Config:
Port IGMP Snooping Fast Leave LAG
1 Enable Disable ---
16 Enable Disable ---

-------------------------------
VLAN Table (SG3216)

VLAN ID Router Port Time Member Port Time Leave Time Router Port

1 300 260 1 16
2 300 260 1 ---

Multicast VLAN: Disabled (default)

Differences on SG3210 according to less ports!!

Port Config:
Port IGMP Snooping Fast Leave LAG
1 Enable Disable ---
10 Enable Disable ---

VLAN Table (SG3210)
VLAN ID Router Port Time Member Port Time Leave Time Router Port

1 300 260 1 7(dynamic)
2 300 260 1 ---

Any hints?

I think there is a firmware bug. Tests have been made on different ports and in different rooms. Cables have been tested by Fluke tools.

BTW Support did not give an answer or acknowledged the ticket yet

Regards
Globber
Options
1 Reply
Re:IP TV - VLAN - IGMP Snooping and IPV6 Multicast - Bug in Firmware?
2013-12-05 10:11:20
Obviously your streaming client is not compatible.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 882

Replies: 1