all port must work separately

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-25 14:16:00
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20171225 Rel.67244(s)

hi dear sir / madam : 

we need a configuration in switch T2500-10Ts , i want to know it can support it or not , I think it is a simple issue but we didn't have been find any configuration like this to can be support that.

please let me explain what we need: 

in this model we have 8 electrical port and 2 SFP optical ports , we want to send all traffic as source node from each port including various vlans that must be same in each port with other port but the traffics is not the same in each entry interfce, there are similar vlans.
 traffic pass though to another side via uplink port 9 / port 10 as destination node.

now in destination side , just we want all type of traffic drop them into the own ports , such as port one source traffic with all vlans we received in port one destination  , but there are similar vlans in other ports ,is it possible or not by using this switch? if your answer is NO please what kind of TP-link switch do able this function and what is the name concept can it support our request.

Thanks in advance

Amir Aghdam

amir.h.a.aghadm@gmail.com

Options
5 Reply
Re:all port must work separately
2020-04-26 06:11:38

@amiraghdam 

Do you mean to forward the data to the specific port according to which port recived the data?

I think TP-Link switch may not has this function. 

As I know, if you add only two ports to the same VLAN, then the data will be forwarded between these two ports. But according to your description, other ports also belong to the same VLAN. So TP-link may not support this.

Options
2020-04-26 06:52:52

@Andone

yes i mean to forward the data to the specific port according to which port receives the data but there are same vlan , i have a problem about this concept how can switch recognize same vlans in all ports , and how can distinguish same vlans in ingress uplink port , maybe there isnot any function to support them in this swich , thanks for ur reply

Options
2020-04-29 02:11:20

@amiraghdam 

There is a function called Port Mirror. It can choose the source port then copy the data of source port to destination port. This function is generally used to monitor the traffic of some specific ports. It's a little similar to your requirements but it's copying the data.

Options
2020-05-12 04:31:50 - last edited 2020-05-12 04:45:57

@amiraghdam 

If I understand correctly, you have two 10-port switches.  They are connected using the SFP ports 9 & 10.

You want to set up the two switches so that:

Port 1 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 1 on Switch #2

Port 2 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 2 on Switch #2

Port 3 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 3 on Switch #2

Port 4 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 4 on Switch #2

Port 5 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 5 on Switch #2

Port 6 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 6 on Switch #2

Port 7 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 7 on Switch #2

Port 8 on Switch #1 will only communicate with Port 8 on Switch #2

And, each port can trunk multiple VLANs?

And the VLANs on each port will be isolated to the port?  Will you want to use the same VLAN #s on more than one port of the switch?

I think you're looking for a feature called VLAN-VPN:

VLAN-VPN Commands

I'm not sure if this will work, or if it will support multiple VLANs per port.  But the way it is described through the CLI document, you would:

1. Enable dot1q tunnel globally

2. Assign unique TPIDs per port for Ports 1-8

2. Configure ports 1-8 as dot1q tunnel UNI ports

3. Assign a UNI VLAN to each port

4. Configure the SFP ports as NNI ports

5. Map the UNI port VLANs to an NNI port VLANs

(I've never set this up with TP-Link switches, having only owned one for a week.  But I've set it up with Cisco switches in the past)

You would do this on both switches.  Then, for example, if Port 1 had UNI VLAN 1, and it is mapped to NNI VLAN 1001, then tunneled to the other NNI port on the other switch, where the NNI interface would receive NNI VLAN 1001 and map it back to UNI VLAN 1 on Port 1.  Same thing for Port 2.  UNI VLAN 2, NNI VLAN 1002, and it would be tunnel between switches that way.

The complication comes if you need multiple VLANs per port, which means the UNI interfaces would need to be configured as Dot1Q Trunk ports.  I don't see any indication that the switch can tunnel a Trunk port.

Here's another link that talks about the VLAN-VPN Feature (called L2PT, or Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling, in the Specification List):

VLAN-VPN Description

Hopefully this will be helpful.

-rb

-rb
Options
2020-05-12 04:51:08

@RBNetEngr 

Yes i know that protocol vpn-vlan but i think its related configuration to s-vlan and c-vlan, but i had confused to implement the commnad for each switch, i checked some configuration on switch but i dont feedback any results from these, i need more checking configuration again, i will let u know.... By the way  thanks in advanced.. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 5