Connecting 2 Buildings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting 2 Buildings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting 2 Buildings
Connecting 2 Buildings
2013-01-24 01:40:03
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 4.4.7 Build 120821 Rel.56860n

ISP : Onenet in Oklahoma

I have two computers in a building I want to connect to our wired network.
The AP connected to the wired network is in AP mode. Static IP 10.0.0.118
The AP connected to the building I want to connect is in Client Mode using WDS. Static IP 10.0.0.119
We first tested in the lab with the APs about 30 ft apart. We have a connection but the pings are all over the place. The pings are from 2ms to 1050ms and everything in between. No pattern. We upgraded firmware to the latest settings and reset APs to factory defaults.

We currently have two TP-WA7510n radios deployed that work great. The far-end AP is 600ft away and pings consistently with 1-2ms.
Would love some help with the new ones if possible.

Thanks,
David
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting 2 Buildings
2013-01-24 13:12:55
I would suggest first up just double check the wireless Distance setting is set to approximately how far the connection is.
Also perhaps try a different channel for the connection? The one you are using might be fairly crowded and that might be interference.
Another suggestion would be perhaps lock the speed into a certain amount, rather than leaving it on Auto speed, I have seen these radios jump around in ping times because it was changing the connection speed from 54, to 11, to 5.5, to 54, to 5.5, to 11 etc.
Options
Re:Connecting 2 Buildings
2013-04-27 00:17:34
This seems to be a case of interference ..
Survey and check wireless networks available ..
Use the channel which is free ..
Also first test it in indoor mode of distance settings
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 2

Related Articles