Tplink CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tplink CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tplink CPE210
Tplink CPE210
2020-05-14 17:34:17
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 Build 20190620

Hello everyone

I have a tplink cpe210 , I have tried setting it up in Bridge mode to my google wifi, but it doesn't broadcast internet once it reboots, am I setting this up wrong, my plan is to broadcast my internet to a shed that is about 200 yards from the house, I am going to install a wifi camera on the shed  to watch for thefts etc. I have done this with ubiquiti loco m5 and was able to broadcast internet any help would be apprciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tplink CPE210
2020-05-18 00:55:59 - last edited 2020-05-18 01:00:09

@Hunter01, CPEs are designed for directional links. Their antenna beam width is relatively small in order to concentrate RF energy into one direction. They don't perform well in »Bridge« or »Repeater« modes if the cameras are outside the beam width, which is 65º for CPE210. And even if the cameras fall into this angle, the link would be unreliable due to the Hidden Node Problem each repeater has. I would not recommend to use those operation modes for a critical infrastructure.

To link clients such as cameras to an existing network, you might consider using an outdoor AP such as EAP110-Outdoor at the remote location. But I would have recommended CPE510 to avoid interferences in the 2.4 GHz band (with the exception that this is a non-issue in rural areas).

This is the topology I would use to link up security cameras using two CPEs and an EAP110-Outdoor connected by wire to the remote CPE:

Operation mode for the local CPE wired to the local netowkr would be »Access Point«, while the remote CPE would operate in »Client« mode (or vice versa, doesn't matter which CPE is AP or client). The security cams can be connected wirelessly to the EAP110-Outdoor, which always operates in AP mode.

Technically, this is also a bridge, but it avoids the »Bridge« operation mode of the CPEs, which is in fact the same as the »Repeater« mode.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 1

Related Articles