CPE210 will not "Lock to AP" which is another CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-16 18:56:05
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: CPE210(US)_V2.0_20190620

I have two CPE210. One I had for a year setup at AP and is wired to a Netgear router in the house. The AP worked great for "devices" out on the property. I bought another for the barn that's 250 feet away and setup in client mode. I updated the FW on the AP to the same FW as the new client. In the client I checked the box to "Lock to AP" and entered the PW for the Ap. I was never asked for any network passwords. The PC in the barn is wired cat6 to the power adapter of the client. When you hover mouse over internet in Windows it says it's connected to Netgear-5G. How can this be if the CPE210 is only 2.4 and I was never asked for a PW for the Netgear network which is PW protected? Or is the client actually locked to the AP and it's showing the connection as Netgear-5G as a name of the network it's connected to? I'm confused. The internet seems to be working ok but I just want to make sure everything is configured correctly for best service. Also both CPE210 has MAXtreme enabled. Thanks

Screenshot attached of network on barn PC connected to client.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 0