Connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection problem
Connection problem
2020-05-22 06:38:38
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi I bought a cpe210 to act as a repeater to transmit WiFi to a summerhouse 50m from house. 

im presuming this doesn't need to be physically connnected to the router ? Although I have tried both. 

software configuration appears to work and have full lights for signal strength.

I placed it outside and tested it with iPhone but lost WiFi about 2m away from house which is the same as I would have without device in place.

is there another mode that would work better happy to connect to LAN if that's what's needed.?

thanks 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection problem
2020-05-23 10:07:25

@Survivalmedic,

CPEs are designed for directional links over long ranges, they are not designed to server standard clients such as smartphones or laptops.

The topology to create a bridge between two locations is as follows:

If yoy need wireless access at the remote location for standard clients, add another access point with omnidirectional antennas (e.g. an EAP225 or similar) and connect it to the remote CPE using a cable.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-05-23 11:38:57

Hi

im only a home user I don't have any switches or a wired LAN just a home wireless router  would a EAP225 be suitable and does that need a physical link with the wireless router, would it  need  to be outside and would it allow phones and laptops WiFi internet access 50m away.

thanks

chris

Options
2020-05-23 11:53:32

@Survivalmedic, the range depends also on the antenna strength of your client devices, not only of the range of an access point.

For example, my smartphone can't connect to an EAP225-Outdoor over 50m if there are obstacles (trees) in the way. It can receive the SSID (since EAP225-Outdoor has a greater coverage of ~100m radius), but can't transmit data to the AP w/o packet loss.

To connect your summer house 50m away, the most reliable solution would be to use two CPE510 for the backhaul (5 GHz band) and an EAP110-Outdoor (or an EAP110 if used only indoors) for local WLAN coverage:

However, if there is a free line of sight (no obstacles) between the AP and the clients and if the clients have strong antennas allowing them to send data over a distance of 50m, the following setup with one EAP225-Outdoor (dual band AP) could also work reliably:

Anyway, both solutions require a physical connection between the Internet router and the access point.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 3

Related Articles