VLAN troubleshooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN troubleshooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN troubleshooting
VLAN troubleshooting
2020-05-25 00:10:52
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I currently have the following network:

- Draytek Modem

- TPLink TLR600VPN

- TPLink TL1600G 28PS

- Several cameras

- Several PCs

- Other general equipment

I'm trying to achieve VLANs of the CCTV cameras and NVR (no internet access), enterprise PCss, storefront PCs/ ePoS, TVs for media streaming (all internet access but seperated VLANs).

The WAN port from the TLR600 is a SFP 1Gbps RJ45 on port 25.

Lets say:

VLAN10 CCTV

VLAN20 PCs

VLAN30 ePoS

VLAN40 TVs

VLAN50 WAN

Firstly I created the VLANs above.

Secondly I assigned each port it's respective PVID (so each CCTV camera had a PVID of 10, PC's PVID of 20 etc. The WAN port was PVID 50, only the management terminal was assigned to PVID 1 once I was done (i.e. admin VLAN).

In each VLAN I assigned the respective ports, e.g. CCTV cameras on ports 1 - 7 and NVR on 8, so in the VLAN config I have ports 1 - 8 ticked on untagged and nothing ticked on tagged.

For the PCs I assigned the respective ports as untagged as above but also ticked Port 25 as tagged (as I've read to do)?

The CCTV cameras worked fine, but I couldn't get internet access on the PCs and other VLANs.

Do I also have to create the VLANs on the RL600 for this to work? Is there something else I'm missing?!

I'm not too familiar with TP Link and just getting to grips with their gear after mainly using Cisco.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN troubleshooting
2020-05-28 01:21:41

Well don't I feel stupid!

The issue was damage to a patch cable that didn't show itself due to using SFP ports (therefore limited diagnostics available via the switch).

Used the TP Link guide on VLANs and it's now working perfectly!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 1

Related Articles