ESET Internet Security blocks access to web configuration of CPE210 (includes solution)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ESET Internet Security blocks access to web configuration of CPE210 (includes solution)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-29 11:02:14
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.1.0

Putting this here in case anyone else runs into this, might save you a few minutes of head scratching.

I finally updated the firmware on my CPE210 from what it came with (1.3.3, I think) to the latest 2.1.0.

It rebooted and was working, but I could no longer enter the setup page from my either of my Windows PCs. Worked fine from Android and iOS and Mac devices!

On Windows, regardless of which web browser, I got a blank web page. Doing "view page source" revealed what looked like sensible HTML but with random binary garbage at the end.

To cut a long story short, I run ESET antivirus, and it seems to be blocking the content of the access point's web page. To fix it I just added the AP's IP address as an exclusion in the web protocol filtering.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 510

Replies: 0

Related Articles