CPE510 keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-30 06:42:17 - last edited 2020-06-05 06:01:04
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.1 Build 20190417 Rel. 34231 (4555)

Hello all,

I bought a set of CPE510's to replace my aging Nanostation5s and I keep running into problems from day one. Everything is setup to perfection and the link which is almost 1km is fast (300Mbs) and stable for a while. Then, usually during the night the link is lost. One is stup as Access Point and the other one as client. One the client side, it shows the connection for 2 secs and then it says N/A. On the AP side, it says that a client is connected. Only after rebooting both I get a connection again. Only weird whing I have noticed is that the timezone, time and date of the syustem is not correct after rebooting. Dont know if this plays any role. 

Any help would be appreciated. I am really dissapointed with them.

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE510 keeps disconnecting
2020-06-03 10:35:16 - last edited 2020-06-05 06:01:04

@Argy_kap, »losing the link« is a bit too vague to be able to help.

Please show both CPE's settings and their link statistics when the AP and the client CPE are connected. What are the values for RSSI, SNR, CCQ? What distance setting you use? What WiFi mode, what channel width? What power supply? Is mains power stable? Is the CPE grounded? Et cetera.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-06-03 10:59:11 - last edited 2020-06-05 06:01:04

@R1D2 Thank you for taking the time to reply. I spoke today with Tp-Link Greece which where very helpful and immediatelly available. I was told to let it automatically select a channel and then change it from Auto to only that channel. It is working so far. Apparently it is a DFS thing, keeps detecting radar, stays oflline for 10 minutes and then takes its time to recconect. Will monitor and come back to see if that is the solution.

Options
2021-07-07 10:39:08 - last edited 2021-07-07 10:51:45

same issue here.. I have an AP wired to my main router and then a second CPE510 setup as bridge and located in the building next to where I live (where I have a small studio I use for teleworking, visits, etc). This second CPE has never ever given me any trouble.. it's always the AP one.

The first problem I have is that the AP fails to create the wifi network a lot of times and I have to disconnect/connect or reboot several times until it creates the wifi properly. So I stopped switching it on and off despite I don't really need it on all the time... That said, the problem I really have is with the interruptions in the transmission, it keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes or less, which makes specially videoconferencing a nightmare. Browsing is not too bad because the connection is lost for just a few seconds.

wifi mode: AP

channel width used to be auto but I did what @Argy_kap suggested and let it choose auto and then put it fixed to the one selected automatically 104 / 5520MHz(DFS)

Power supply is PoE obviously and it is constant, no problems expected here with interrupted power supply really.. 

CPE is not grounded, maybe this creates some instability in the power supply but if that was the case then the interruptions would not last for a few seconds I believe..

CCQ never below 97

SNR N/A

don't know what else may be needed but if anyone could please help me I'd appreciate a lot, because I would have to shift my workplace otherwise, and the whole point of the studio I bought in the building next to where i live is to work from here, away from noisy kids, with a large monitor etc.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2021-07-07 11:47:33

@danidetapia I could not find a solution so I sold them

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2963

Replies: 4

Related Articles