WA5210G refuses connction to clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-30 23:41:32
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : actual

ISP : Self, doesn't matter

Hello,

we have several WA5210G out there, in use for public hot-spots.

There is one which seems to change after a few days in a "undefined" state:

- the wlan (ssid) is broadcasted
- connection is not possible

IOS (i-phone9 or Windows-client is just giving the information, that the connection to the wlan failed.

ping is via cable-LAN possible, connection to the WebUI not.

After restarting the AP (disconnecting from PoE) everything is fine again.
This happens 2 times so far, firat afeter 1 month, second 10 days later.

Any ideas?

Leo
Options
4 Reply
Re:WA5210G refuses connction to clients
2013-01-30 23:56:41
Maybe this is problem with gateway or DNS servers. You have to check addresses when you have problems with connection.
Options
2013-02-05 18:55:07

jimasek wrote

Maybe this is problem with gateway or DNS servers. You have to check addresses when you have problems with connection.

Ok.
I forgot to tell:
The WA5210g is connected as an "extender" (not Range-Extender) to a switchport on another Router and works simply as a AP.
For security reasons the WLAN-Clients get adresses via DHCP from the connected other Router in for example 10.11.12.0/24 with all needed things, as DNS and Gateway.
The AP has an adresse in 192.178.156.0/24. If yopu want to administer this AP you have to connect physically by cord or probably to set an IP in WLAN-NIC manually from that network.

The primary problem is not the connectivity to the web-ui, it is the fact that only this one specific AP (we changed ist meanwhile at the customers place) was broadcasting the SSID of the open wireless network, but every try to connect is refused.

This specific AP is now connected in a test scenario and i wait still for the error to occur.

Leo
Options
2013-02-14 16:28:32
Now it is three weeks the Ap was lying near my windows, daily check shows: OK.
=> The effect is not reproducable.

If the phenomen was not depending on the signal or current on the LAN-socket, it disappeared.
So i will flash this AP and give it back into produkction. (with a little sticker in it to identify, in case....)

Closed.
Leo
Options
2013-04-27 00:14:17
This will probably solve your problem ... Happened to me ..

Go To SNMP and activate it ... add permissions and reboot ..

Worked for me
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 860

Replies: 4

Related Articles