Products for communicating between subnets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-03 19:08:55

I was looking to buy a product like the TL-R600VPN or the TL-SG1005P and was wondering if it would work for my needs.

How I would have the switch set up is my router from my ISP (either in router or modem mode) would plug into one of the ports, and then connected to the TP-Link router/switch would be all our other wired connections and switches as well as our mesh wifi system.

With how our mesh wifi system works, it on it's own subnet (for example, at the moment with our ISPs router, all the wired traffic is on 192.168.0.x/24 with the IP of the wifi system being 192.168.0.10, and the wireless traffic being 192.168.1.x/24 with the gateway to the wifi routers being 192.168.1.1).

Because of how our ISPs router works, the wired and wireless connections can't communicate with eachother as it doesn't support communication between subnets.

Would the a product like the TL-R600VPN or the TL-SG1005P allow me to communcate between the subnet with all the wireless connections and the subnet with all the wired connections, such that, for example, my wired in PC can commincated with my wireless printer, or my phone could chromecast to our wired in TV?

If not, which TP-Link products would?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Products for communicating between subnets
2020-08-04 03:23:14

@GRSmith00 

This example instruction below may help, you may need a R600VPN router &  a L2+/L3 switch.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/887/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 1