TL-SG108E only connects to network when daisy chained to another switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-28 01:49:53 - last edited 2020-09-29 17:32:28
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, i have 3 switches on a small network - all switches have a valid static ip address I have 2 TL-SG1016PE they work fine when connected to the router but the TL-SG108e will only work if it is daisy chained to another switch. when i connect it directly to the router i can no longer get to the internet. if i plug it in to one of the other switches it works fine

would really appreciate any help!

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E only connects to network when daisy chained to another switch
2020-10-05 02:38:30

@Tmorgan3d 

when i connect it directly to the router i can no longer get to the internet. 

Does the Link/Act LED light up on the SG108E when it's connected directly to the router?

If not, I suggest you change other ports, try another working cable for checking, reboot or reset the switch as well.

Besides, confirm whether you can obtain IP address from the router through the switch, try static IP addresses to check the internet.

To check what causes the issue, you could also try capturing packets for analysis.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 1