WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Incompatibility with Thomson Gateways

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-09 21:56:31
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 4.4.7 Build 120821 Rel.56860n

ISP : CYTA (Cyprus Telecommunications Authority)

I am an experienced technician and I have installed the product in client mode in order to create a wireless bridge between a wireless router and TL-WA5210G numerous times with various wireless router models.

However, I believe there is an incompatibility between TL-WA5210G and the Thomson Gateway devices, when it comes to the security settings and more specifically when using WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. The gateway device's model is Thomson TG585. On the other hand, when I choose exactly the same configuration but use WEP instead WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK everything works fine.

I have verified this problem with other fellow technicians. Also, there are lots of forums on the internet mentioning exactly the same problem and coming to the same conclusion like me. Please let me know if this is actually a bug or if there is a way to bypass this problem. If it is a confirmed bug, I would like to know if there will be a firmware update.
Options
6 Reply
Re:WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Incompatibility with Thomson Gateways
2013-02-10 04:20:58
As u post known bug
A guy from other forum name Terryble posted this solution
change ur login ip address in Network Lan to 192.168.2.254
and enable DHCP to this range 192.168.2.100 /192.168.2.199
post back results
Options
2013-02-10 17:32:36
Dear danymarc,

I did what you suggested, but I still have the same problem.

Here is what I did: Under Operation Mode I selected WISP Client Router. Then, under Network I put the correct settings for LAN and WAN and finally under Wireless Mode I selected Client mode (with the correct SSID) and also under security settings I used WEP encryption.

Under the above scenario (with the WEP encryption) I had a perfect connection. Then, (to replicate the problem) I changed the encryption mode in the Thomson gateway device to WPA and also changed it to the TL-2 sWA5210G. Under this scenario, I have no connection.

I also tested the above 2 scenarios with a different wireless device as a source (instead of the Thomson device) and I had no problems at all, with either settings (WEP and WPA).

So, the conclusion is the same again: THERE IS INCOMPATIBILITY between TL-WA5210G and the Thomson devices.

Please, tech support guys I really need this to work, because in my country (Cyprus) the Thomson device is the most widely used gateway device!!!

Regards.
Options
2013-02-10 17:35:04
Can some administrator please remove the post by chectione (and possibly ban him)? Clearly his post is spam!
Options
2013-02-19 16:14:38
Tech Support guys,

Any response to the problem mentioned here? It is very important for me to find a solution to this!

Regards.
Options
2013-02-19 23:42:57

nantoniou wrote

Tech Support guys,

Any response to the problem mentioned here? It is very important for me to find a solution to this!

Regards.

nantoniou dont waste ur time posting support they wont answer here, this is a Foruum for us, and only us, if need to contact them here is there link http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact/
on the other hand, u posted on #1 I am an experienced technician and I have installed the product in client mode in order to create a wireless bridge between a wireless router and TL-WA5210G numerous times with various wireless router models.
and on posted #4 Here is what I did: Under Operation Mode I selected WISP Client Router.
The scenario i posted u from the Terryble guy, is using under Operation mode AP selected, and Wireless Mode as Client or any need u have, (Bridge exclusive WEP security)
and u found it urself this toy has issues with some security,
I will post u this example of solution i found with a 730RE Ver 2, no go repeating wireless with WEP security, only wired ethernet, the modem did not let me change to WAP, to solve it, i changed the modem to a newer one that uses WPA or WPA2 security, problem solved.
This toys are not flawless.
Options
2013-02-20 03:58:37
OK, Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1230

Replies: 6