Switch versioning and availability.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-08 20:56:39 - last edited 2021-01-08 20:57:42
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.2x

I ordered 2x TL1500G-10ps with the hope that I'd get ones that support Omada, I actually recieved a single TL-SG2210P v3 which it seems was upgradable to a TL-SG2210p V3.20 via a firmware upgrade (Which is also really confusing because there isn't a TL-SG2210p v3 on the support pages anymore) so at least does work with omada.

Sadly the vendor I purchased from only had a single switch in stock so had to refund for the 2nd one (they did offer to backorder but it's likely to be end of feb).

The biggest problem here is both the TL-1500G-10PS and the TL-SG2210P have to be the latest hardware revision to support omada and most resellers don't list the revision so it's pot luck as to if you get the correct one.  Also they seem to be sold out everywhere, I'm not sure if they were just suddenly popular or TP-link pulled them for a revision.

Therefore can TP-Link either change the model numbers for the omada supported versions going forward or encourage their resellers to list the compatiblity (BTW this switch isn't even listed as compatible on the UK omada SDN site yet, even though it clearly is).

TL-SG2210MP might be an option but I don't think that one is fanless (Fans would be acceptable if they only ran once a certian temprature/poe load is reached) 

Essentially i need 8+ ports, SFP and POE and silent running (or at least quiet enough to leave either in the office or the living room)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 0

Related Articles