CPE210s connected, but no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-09 22:33:14
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2

Trying to get Ethernet to go from a barn, which was the only serviceable place, to a house. Bought two CPE210 to try this.

----modem .1 ----CPE210 in AP mode .55 )))))(((((( CPE210 in client mode .54 ----- desktop/AC1200 .10/router not tried yet

Distance between the routers is about 2km with a clear line of sight between the two. 

IP for everything was set to 66.61.1.x to match the IP of the modem, I thought this was the problem unless the IP is somehow different.

I can get a connection on the second CPE/desktop from the first, but no internet connection. I have all settings on the default from the quick setup. 

Will also look at signal strenght here, as that seemed to be a problem for someone else. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE210s connected, but no internet connection
2021-01-12 01:07:26

CPE210s were connecting fine, at the time was the modem was proving me with different public IPs every time I connected, resulting in a connection to the modem, but never getting a connection. 

Options
Re:CPE210s connected, but no internet connection
2021-01-13 21:45:44

Added a AC1300 router after the modem, everything worked fine after that after setting all the IP of the local network and CPEs to 192.168.0.X

After setting everything up, I had to reset to the final computer's IP to automatic, as I was told their was an issue finding DNS with a set IP. 

Options