Switchport errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switchport errors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Switchport errors
Switchport errors
2021-01-23 12:58:18 - last edited 2021-01-26 05:39:06
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0

Hi,

I have a number of TP Link switches operating across a family property with various buildings connected up wither via Ubiquiti wireless links or direct ethernet cable.

The idea is that there is one VLAN per building and they all trunk back to a central firewall (Sophos XG) which permits internet access to all the VLANs, does DHCP, DNS etc.

Ports 1 and 2 on each TP Link switch act as the up and downlink ports, each one daisychaining to the next building. All VLANs are tagged on 1 & 2 with a number of ports on each switch being untagged for the VLAN that that switch is assigned for. There are various models of TPlink switch depending on port requirements, TL-SG108E(2.0), TL-SG1024DE(3.0), TL-SG105E(2.0) [note, the model selection above doesnt have these devices]

Everything works from a functionality perspective. My issue is that ports 1 and 2 on each switch report tons of RxBadPkt errors. 

Speed and Duplex are set to auto and appear to show correct negotiation (100F for the most part) throughout.

One link has a wireless link that will take 3-400Mb but I can only get 75Mbps across it (using iperf). Wondering if this is symptomatic of the errors? 

Any thoughts?

Ecky

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 0

Related Articles