CPE710 no internet access - can't get to management after changing ip

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-23 21:35:53
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1208

I am able to get the configuration at 192.168.0.254 when direct connected to my PC.

Using the quick setup, I selected Access Point mode and I setup the wifi passcode. I also updated the timezone.

I tried changing the IP to 'Dynamic', saving / applying, and then rebooting the device and putting it on my home network for testing. All 3 lights show on the device. I can see the wifi network on my phone, but after putting in the password, it reports 'No Internet Access'. Furthermore, I don't see that it was leased an IP from my router, and so I don't see a way to configure it.

Since, I left the fall back IP in place, I was able to direct connect to my PC again. I changed the network configuration to static IP, and gave it a static IP on my local home network outside of my routers DHCP range. I saved/applied and then placed the device back on my network again, assuming I would be able to locate it at the static IP. The wifi still has 'No Internet Access', and the device is not found at the static IP is set....

If I direct connect my PC to the lan port on the POE adapter again, I am able to administer once again on the static IP.

What am I doing wrong?  Why isn't the device contactable on my local network with either the dynamic or a static IP set to my local subnet?

Please help!

I am so glad I didn't take this device to the field first without getting it configured. I have spent 2 hrs messing around with this - it's 19 F outside, and it would have been painful as hell doing this troubleshooting outside :) !!

Ty,

Adam

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE710 no internet access - can't get to management after changing ip
2021-01-25 04:36:14

@Digibalast Well, I wound up changing it to client mode and then it works fine.

I config'd another CPE710 to 'access point' and that worked fine.  So, seems to be something flukey about the one device. I just isn't contactable when in 'access point' mode. 

Both devices have the latest firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1100

Replies: 1